NFL GDT: NFC Championship Game: (1) Carolina Panthers vs (2) Arizona Cardinals

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
IIRC Sherman was mostly on Brown or whoever lined up on the near side of the field (he doesn't shadow nearly as much as Peterson/Norman). Ginn usually plays on the far side. I think they just didn't try too many game breaking passes, but we'll see how he's listed on the injury report today.

I'm not terribly afraid of Arizona's front 7. They were pretty miserable getting to Rodgers, and Carolina's guards are actually a strength. I don't recall a game where Cam was constantly under pressure since Tennessee, and that's mostly because for whatever reason they couldn't pick up a blitz that day, but that seems to have been an anomaly. The biggest matchup to watch is Fitzgerald on Finnegan, and Brown on McClain. Both got abused down the stretch against Seattle when Wilson wasn't getting pressured. That's why the status of Allen is so big. He helps keep a healthy rotation on the defensive line, and if you get in Palmer's face, he's capable of throwing up prayers. That OT pass to Fitzgerald very easily could have been taken the other way had GB not abandoned coverage. Luckily, Arizona's offensive line isn't that good so Short/Star/Edwards/Love/CJ/Ealy/Addison/Horton might be enough.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Heart says Cardinals (of course, I'm a Cardinals fan), but head says Panthers.

Probably about a 2-possession win, i.e. 9-16 points. If we lose I hope it's not close though, I don't want to live with the heartbreak of losing on the last possession of the game. That would absolutely kill me emotionally.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I think Panthers roll the Cards. Similar to what Seattle did to them a few weeks back.

Question for Panther fans.

Would Steve Smith have been a distraction on the Panthers? Always liked the guy

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Palmer looked TERRIBLE last week. That worries me. GB put 8 in the box and dared Palmer to throw and he still was bad. If AZ can't establish the run I think they'll be in trouble. Ginn should be easy enough to stop, and my guess is Stewart will be hobbled, but the Cards still can't stop TEs so Olsen will have a field day. No honey badger REALLY hurts in this one.

bWo*

Is it just me or is cams throwing motion unorthodox? The dude slings it but the motion is wierd

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Looks alright to me, but the only qb whose motion I notice is Rivers and Tebow.

Other than that I dont really have an eye for that stuff

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think Panthers roll the Cards. Similar to what Seattle did to them a few weeks back.

Question for Panther fans.

Would Steve Smith have been a distraction on the Panthers? Always liked the guy

Trust me, a lot of Panther fans still like him too and wish he was around for this. I don't think he was a distraction, but I'm not in that locker room. Everything I've heard and seen said he was well liked by his teammates though, including Cam. And with Rivera very open about letting players do their thing (Norman, for example), I can't imagine he fell out of favor with the coaches. I'm not sure why Gettleman decided that the "leadership torch" needed to pass from Smith to Cam, but this is one move that I will never agree with, Super Bowl or not.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Trust me, a lot of Panther fans still like him too and wish he was around for this. I don't think he was a distraction, but I'm not in that locker room. Everything I've heard and seen said he was well liked by his teammates though, including Cam. And with Rivera very open about letting players do their thing (Norman, for example), I can't imagine he fell out of favor with the coaches. I'm not sure why Gettleman decided that the "leadership torch" needed to pass from Smith to Cam, but this is one move that I will never agree with, Super Bowl or not.

I was rough on Gettleman, but now I'm not, he built a heck of a football team and set up the cap to roll big contracts to keep the talent.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Weather is ass tomorrow and Saturday but will clear up Saturday evening, calling for an inch of ice. Possibly, so the field is going to be tricky, which is an advantage to the Panthers.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
12523081_1112662498746755_302232037334169175_n.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The last thing Arizona needs on top of being a west coast, dome team travelling east is to play that game in the snow.

Could be a bit of an advantage for Carolina, though i imagine they don't have much experience playing in the snow either.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
The last thing Arizona needs on top of being a west coast, dome team travelling east is to play that game in the snow.

Could be a bit of an advantage for Carolina, though i imagine they don't have much experience playing in the snow either.

It will gone by the time the game comes, but the field will be ass, which is a home field advantage.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That snow will be gone, yes, but that storm is supposed to carry into sunday afternoon.

No bueno if you're a Cards fan imo.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
gotta take Carolina. I can't see anyone stopping them, Cam has been in beast mode all year. Guy has finally arrived,

Someone mentioned Cam's unorthodox throwing motion..my thoughts are that he's just so freaking massive that he has to throw that way so he doesn't air mail his throws all the time. Have you seen his hands? They're huge, the football looks nerf size.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That's not it at all. He keeps the ball high and doesn't drop his elbow, just like you're taught. His footwork is pretty sloppy and he tends to narrow his base. That's why misses high or grounds one from time to time.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Carolinas dream season falls short. Arizona played horrible last week and still found a way to win when it mattered. As opposed to Carolina letting Seattle back in the game.

Close game, but I think Arizona prevsils, 27-24

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Carolinas dream season falls short. Arizona played horrible last week and still found a way to win when it mattered. As opposed to Carolina letting Seattle back in the game.

Close game, but I think Arizona prevsils, 27-24

It's fine to pick Arizona, but this is the **** that bothers me. How the **** are these two any different

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm gonna go with Arizona but I'm not sure how confident I am in that pick. They cannot turn the ball over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad