NFL GDT: NFC Championship Game: (1) Carolina Panthers vs (2) Arizona Cardinals

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Damn. Allen had a foot injury and it possibly requires season ending surgery. He was looking really good today too.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Thats a tough one. I'd love to see Arizona win, but Carolina is just so dominant at the LOS.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'll cheer for the Cardinals because I want to see Fitzgerald win a ring.

I really just want a good game though. Hopefully it's a close one.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Arizona for me. Even after finishing 17-1, I still don't belive in Carolina. Too many glaring holes and 4th quarter drive wins usually don't lead to super bowl success. Their lack of quality wide receivers and average offensive line will lead to a bad day imo.

Last edited:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Arizona for me. Even after finishing 17-1, I still don't belive in Carolina. Too many glaring holes and 4th quarter drive wins usually don't lead to super bowl success. Their black of wide receivers and average offensive line will lead to a bad day imo.

Slow down there Archie Bunker. kidding,

I think the Panthers are way better on offense than people give them credit for.

They feed Olsen and their running game is great. Theyre I think a top 2 redzone team as well. The threat of Newton reaching across the goal line with that height and wingspan affects defenses big time.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
I've been high on the Cardinals, but after watching Carson Palmer do his best to **** up and give the game away last week, I'm going with Carolina. He will throw a couple picks and kill any chances AZ have of winning

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Carolina is going to have to keep getting to the QB to help their secondary. That's a big reason for yesterday's game going the way it did. Every poor throw Russell made was because he was facing pressure. The health of Allen will be huge. He's getting an MRI today, but he supposedly played the final two series on it, so I can't imagine him not suiting up, especially since this very likely might be his final few games of his career (said he's only returning next year to play here, but his cap hit just doesn't make sense to keep around)

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

If he's not on crutches, I think it'd be hard to keep him off the field. They not exactly stacked at DE, and he played well against Seattle. Plus, he's been waiting forever.

EDIT: Talking about Jared Allen

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Slow down there Archie Bunker. kidding,

I think the Panthers are way better on offense than people give them credit for.

They feed Olsen and their running game is great. Theyre I think a top 2 redzone team as well. The threat of Newton reaching across the goal line with that height and wingspan affects defenses big time.

Yeah that was a weird typo (probably auto-correct) to say the least lol. Again, Arizonae will probably just have Peterson on Olsen and their front 7 is imo better than Seattle's.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Arizona for me. Even after finishing 17-1, I still don't belive in Carolina. Too many glaring holes and 4th quarter drive wins usually don't lead to super bowl success. Their lack of quality wide receivers and average offensive line will lead to a bad day imo.

Arizona could barely beat a depleted packers team, do you really think they are going to waltz into Carolina and beat cam and the panthers?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Actually the Panthers have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL this year. So I'm just going to assume you didn't actually watch this team and just read boxscores.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Yeah that was a weird typo (probably auto-correct) to say the least lol. Again, Arizonae will probably just have Peterson on Olsen and their front 7 is imo better than Seattle's.

They're going to need Peterson on Ginn IMO, otherwise Ginn will just run in a straight line every play at top speed and eventually catch one of the 5 passes thrown directly into his hands for a TD.

On the other hand, Ginn was mostly/completely silent against Seattle, which I think is because Sherman was on him. He may also still be injured and not have his top speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad