Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Staten Island? Never even been there. Is it nice? I am honored that you think I am talented though. Thanks!

On a serious note: Tooting your own horn on a forum you've been a part of for not even 2 months isn't really the best way to make a name for yourself. You did the same with Kotkaniemi a few weeks ago. It's going to provoke responses like the one you are commenting on now. And the fact that you actually go into detail about it to a degree where you ask about the 2 people who liked that comment... Wow. Just, wow. You seem very easily triggered by people who disagree with you or call you out on something. Not everything is a personal attack. Maybe take the more light-hearted approach. Nobody is here to cause a fight. Nobody is here to get into arguments that eventually will resort to name-calling. I understand the response to your earlier post by Swayze though.

Anyway, that's my serious response to this. Oh, and since you asked:

- Born and raised in The Hague, in the Netherlands
- Lived in Johannesburg, South Africa for 5 years
- Moved to Vienna, Austria last summer
- I've been supporting the Rangers since 1991. My favorite players growing up were Joey Kocur, Petr Nedved and Alexander Karpovtsev

I am a sarcastic ******* sometimes. It's nothing personal ;)

PMd you back. We’re good.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
For some reason I expect the announcement today. No game tonight so a decent amount of the conversation and hockey air time would be about it. Could be wrong but the rangers public announcement to blow up the team dominated the news even outside of ranger sources for like 2 days. A new coach wont get the same conversation because its not effecting the rest of the league but i imagine they want people talking about it for a bit.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If it goes another 24 hours, I would be surprised. Could BU make an 11th hour push to retain him? Cold feet? It’s not done until it’s done.
Based on other coaches' salaries that we know, he's not even making $500K at BU. Not that they'd have to match the Rangers offer financially because Quinn was obviously very happy there, but they'd probably have to make a pretty massive increase to his base pay. Even if he was making $500K at BU, he's now making $2 MILLION more than that per year once he becomes official. Seems unlikely.

EDIT: Just as a point of reference on salaries, here's this. It's old and obviously the numbers will have gone up, but it at least gives you an idea. Big-time DI hockey coaches still aren't remotely close to big-time basketball or football coaches, just because of the revenue the sports drive.

Alaska Anchorage — Dave Shyiak, $110,000 in 2009-10, contract through 2011-12
Colorado College – Scott Owens, financial terms unavailable, contract through 2012-13
Denver – George Gwozdecky, base and length unavailable
Minnesota – Don Lucia, $222,789 in 2007-08, contract through 2011-12
Minnesota Duluth – Scott Sandelin, $150,000 in 2009-10, contract through 2011-12
Minnesota State- Mankato – Troy Jutting, $138,000 in 2008-09, expected to sign contract extension
Michigan Tech – Jamie Russell, $116,759 in 2008-09, contract through 2011-12
North Dakota – Dave Hakstol, $210,000 in 2007-08, contract through 2011-12
St. Cloud State – Bob Motzko, $167,000 in 2008-09, contract through 2014-15
Wisconsin – Mike Eaves, $229,511 in 2008-09, contract through 2013-14

WCHA coaching salaries

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
he's not even making $500K at BU
Yea ONLY 200-400K. Poor broke bastard.

Haha. I am leaking jealousy all over this forum right now.

I go starry eyed thinking about making that much. So much spare cash to invest. (God I am such a nerd).

My financial wet dream is to have an extra 50,000 to invest each year. I froth at the mouth thinking about what I could turn that into. Instead I've got an extra 2-3k to invest. (Not counting pension). One car issue or house issue and bye bye to most of that extra investment cash.

Aside from the fact that I constantly reveal I'm a total prick, this is the most personally revealing post I've ever made here. Y'all happy, we grew closer?

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2 and RGY

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yea ONLY 200-400K. Poor broke bastard.

Haha. I am leaking jealousy all over this forum right now.

I go starry eyed thinking about making that much. So much spare cash to invest. (God I am such a nerd).

My financial wet dream is to have an extra 50,000 to invest each year. I froth at the mouth thinking about what I could turn that into. Instead I've got an extra 2-3k to invest. (Not counting pension). One car issue or house issue and bye bye to most of that extra investment cash.

Aside from the fact that I constantly reveal I'm a total prick, this is the most personally revealing post I've ever made here. Y'all happy, we grew closer?

I appreciate your honesty, and won't argue with this one. :laugh:

Reactions: shinchanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad