Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Seems like the writing is on the wall for Peters/Calgary.

Lebrun is reporting Calgary called Carolina yesterday looking for permission to speak with him.

Reactions: egelband

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

Quinn announced as coach for the US team at world juniors

Would presumably take him out of the running for our position. I'd imagine they would have held off announcing if they thought he might be hired

But I guess anything can happen

Onto Granato or Montgomery

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Good. Didn’t want Quinn.

For college coaches, I’d be cool with Montgomery, Sandelin, or Leaman.

I’d be down for Benoit Groulx, Jay Leach, or Clark Donatelli

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
If Quinn is the guy, can the Rangers get Joe Sacco to be his associate head coach? Sacco is an assistant coach under Cassidy and he also was an assistant coach for Julien. Quinn and Sacco knew each other very well.

Avs coach Joe Sacco, from Medford, Mass., has surrounded himself with longtime trusted friends in David Quinn and Tim Army. Sacco’s two new assistants — seemingly much more intense and outspoken than predecessors and former Avs players Sylvain Lefebvre and Adam Deadmarsh — were both born in Rhode Island and have strong New England ties. Quinn’s strong Boston accent immediately tells you he’s a diehard Boston Red Sox fan, and is undoubtedly distraught over the Patriots’ AFC championship game loss Sunday to the Baltimore Ravens.

Colorado Avalanche coaching staff has Joe Sacco pals

Sacco is a BU guy too.

Reactions: GregSirico

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Quinn announced as coach for the US team at world juniors

Would presumably take him out of the running for our position. I'd imagine they would have held off announcing if they thought he might be hired

But I guess anything can happen

Onto Granato or Montgomery

Why would a temporary gig be a stumbling block? Not that I have an opinion on the guy. But I don’t think one would necessarily cancel out the other. Dunno.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Why would a temporary gig be a stumbling block? Not that I have an opinion on the guy. But I don’t think one would necessarily cancel out the other. Dunno.
FWIW, the WJC would be taking place during the NHL season, so that could be why one would think that it might take him out of the running for coaching an NHL team.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
FWIW, the WJC would be taking place during the NHL season, so that could be why one would think that it might take him out of the running for coaching an NHL team.
Ah. Gotcha. I didn’t realize.
Anyhow I’m sure they’d find a way to sort it out if he were the Rangers choice. He’d either have to not take the WJC role or maybe the Rangers would consider giving him a break during the season. Though the latter I seriously doubt would happen.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Also, Brooks dropped Dallas Eakins’ name in that article.

Pls no. He’s just as smarmy and arrogant as AV, and he’s certainly no “developmental” coach. That would be an utter disaster of a hire.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, Brooks dropped Dallas Eakins’ name in that article.

Pls no. He’s just as smarmy and arrogant as AV, and he’s certainly no “developmental” coach. That would be an utter disaster of a hire.
Eakins likes analytics, but liking it and building a system that gets there are very different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad