Next GM, AGM, and President

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach

"There's no doubt in my mind that I can do the job. I'm going to have some great people around me as well. It's not something that I'm going to do alone," Briere said. "I'm not gonna lie: It's something that I saw myself doing from early on when I was playing. I always believed that I could be in this position one day."

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Honestly, I actually dont have a problem with Briere saying "rebuild not firesale." He was just saying that they dont intend on moving EVERY player out, which makes sense. Its impossible to turn over the entire 23 man roster and there ARE some guys that I would have no problem staying through the rebuild.

Anyone over 25 should be traded though.

I have a bigger problem with his endorsement of Tons of Fun Flahr.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’d be interviewing Carolina’s head of amateur, Yorke, but it seems like Briere is pretty much a lock.

I at least don’t hate Briere. He’s no dunce. But I have no clue how he’ll do.

I want Torts as captain of the ship. They might sort of be doing that. Guys with titles who know Torts is in charge.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t want to hear a word about Ray Shero. Everyone knows that’s been Tom Fitzgerald’s game up there. And the dude has had to hustle in that job from the second he got it because since that moment, everyone assumed that they’re setting the table for Brodeur.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I am shocked someone is saying Tulsky is not the Carolina executive to target. Didn't see that coming. Literally Waddell's right hand man at the draft table. :laugh:
Except Carolina hasn't drafted that well, by the standard of producing NHL players, the last four years.
Jarvis #13, and the goalie they brought up due to injuries.
Other than that, lots of picks but they're all in limbo.
I was told that's the mark of bad drafting.

Realistically, we won't know if they're good at drafting for a few more years, same way we won't know if Flahr maximized the use of far fewer draft resources for a few more years.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Just researching up some names for fun aside from Tulsky.

Scott White/Mark Janko - Dallas AGM's
Jamie Pushor - Lightning AGM

I just hate hearing names like Briere, Pronger, or Lindros. Stop this bullshit with trying to maintain a Flyer Personality/DNA. Change doesn't happen with just more of the same. There are men with actual proven success out there in other organizations.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Except Carolina hasn't drafted that well, by the standard of producing NHL players, the last four years.
Jarvis #13, and the goalie they brought up due to injuries.
Other than that, lots of picks but they're all in limbo.
I was told that's the mark of bad drafting.

Realistically, we won't know if they're good at drafting for a few more years, same way we won't know if Flahr maximized the use of far fewer draft resources for a few more years.
So you want to discredit Carolina's drafting the last 4 years when their highest picks were #13, 28, 36?

Meanwhile Flyers are 5, 14, 23.

Maybe what to need to see is that the Canes are a very good team and STILL managed to draft 40 times the last 4 years.

The Flyers are shit, have been shit, and yet have only drafted 24 times the last 4 years. Having an extra 16 picks....4 a draft, gives you more chances to find talent.

THAT'S WHAT A REBUILDING TEAM NEEDS.

But hey, we have 9 picks this draft. Oh, so do the Canes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So you want to discredit Carolina's drafting the last 4 years when their highest picks were #13, 28, 36?

Meanwhile Flyers are 5, 14, 23.

Maybe what to need to see is that the Canes are a very good team and STILL managed to draft 40 times the last 4 years.

The Flyers are shit, have been shit, and yet have only drafted 24 times the last 4 years. Having an extra 16 picks....4 a draft, gives you more chances to find talent.

THAT'S WHAT A REBUILDING TEAM NEEDS.

But hey, we have 9 picks this draft. Oh, so do the Canes.
No, the point was Tulsky was the right hand man on the draft.
Question is whether that is good or bad.
There's two different issues:
1) accumulating draft picks, that's done by the GM
2) using those draft picks, that's more on the head of amateur scouting.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Tulsky would be great as president I think. Numbers Guy at the top and you can get talent in support of him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ackchyually...the Canes aren't good at drafting. Didn't see that one coming.

Meanwhile the Flyers take a 0.20 PPG 20 year defenseman from the USHL. Brilliant! Old, low scoring defensemen later in drafts is the new market inefficiency!
Oh, you mean #165, who in his first college season, 35g 1-13 14 +21.
The other D-men are +8, +8, +7, +7, so it's probably not a fluke.
6'4 215 on the Northeastern site.
So a big defensive defenseman who played well in college at 20 is a waste of a 6th rd pick?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I’d be interviewing Carolina’s head of amateur, Yorke, but it seems like Briere is pretty much a lock.

I at least don’t hate Briere. He’s no dunce. But I have no clue how he’ll do.

I want Torts as captain of the ship. They might sort of be doing that. Guys with titles who know Torts is in charge.

What resume does Briere have that proves anything? I really don't understand this obsession with hiring previous players.

Look at a guy like Kyle Dubas. He went on to GM of the SSM Greyhounds and did well there, got a GM job and won with the Toronto Marlies and then wound up being GM of the TML. That's a guy who has the proven background of knowing how to be a GM.

What makes you think Torts knows how the hell to construct a roster? Why on earth do you want a coach having a lot of say when it comes to the players especially one that is an ego maniac.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Oh, you mean #165, who in his first college season, 35g 1-13 14 +21.
The other D-men are +8, +8, +7, +7, so it's probably not a fluke.
6'4 215 on the Northeastern site.
So a big defensive defenseman who played well in college at 20 is a waste of a 6th rd pick?

"Leader in blocked shots" lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad