Next coach to fall

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I see people say this all the time and I thought maybe they were right, I'm not so sure at this point though. Color me skeptical.

I'm not sure if he'd be good playing 16 or 17 minutes a night, but the team would be better off for it.

He's a solid bottom 3 shutdown guy. But our coach for whatever reason thinks it's ok to use him and Moore as top pairing guys. It's just dumb. Both Lovejoy and Moore are solid bottom pairing or bottom 3 d-men for the exact opposite reasons.

Moore is a good power play and puck moving defenseman.
Lovejoy is a good PK and shutdown defenseman.

But when you give them top pairing minutes, you're asking for trouble.

I also think he's abusing Greene. Quincey and Auvitu are good enough they can handle 18 to 19 minutes consistently to take some of the strain off of Greene. Of course Auvitu isn't on the damn roster at the moment.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I remember Bob McKenzie coming on NBCSN (like he does every Wednesday night) a few weeks back and saying he thinks the Jets wanna extend Maurice.

The whole ''Chevy is a great GM and one of the best in the league'' theory needs to end once and for all if this happens. Maurice might not be that bad, but there's no reason to extend him.

Yeah, if he does, it would certainly make me wonder about his GM acumen.

The Jets played terrible in Colorado Saturday afternoon. Who knows if he has reached out to any coaches since then? This is what Chevy did last time.

Claude Noel was fired as head coach of the Winnipeg Jets on Sunday morning, but general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff revealed the axe began swinging on Tuesday night.

Cheveldayoff told reporters at a press conference Sunday afternoon that he first contacted newly hired Jets head coach Paul Maurice on Tuesday after the team played poorly again, mustering only 14 shots in a 4-2 loss to the Lightning.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
After being put on what was supposed to be the 4th line last game, Desharnais went on to lead our centers in ice time. Please be Therrien. 3 goals in 4 games.

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
We could debate that (and I'm not going to ;)) but the point remains...I don't believe he's a guy one would just let go of or fire. Evidently the Wings did though...interesting.

They mutually agreed that it was time to part ways. Fans actually wanted him gone. And no, he is no where near as good as BB.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Therien out Julien in. Please

Nonono enough with the freaking retreads.

Therrien out and a coach with a good track record regardless of their ethnicity....it's been handicapping us for years.

Love to give Muller a try if the Quebec media and stupider fans would get their heads out of their *****.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Nonono enough with the freaking retreads.

Therrien out and a coach with a good track record regardless of their ethnicity....it's been handicapping us for years.

Love to give Muller a try if the Quebec media and stupider fans would get their heads out of their *****.

Julien would be a perfect fit and is one of the best coaches in the league. The fact that he speaks French only adds to how great of a fit he is.

grewalwings

May 23, 2014
Ontario
Blashill gets **** for losing with an awful defense, mediocre goaltending. :handclap: :handclap:

Do admit playing Sheahan big minutes is absolute bs.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Lindy Ruff can't be around much longer the way the Stars busted in the playoffs after being the top seed in the West and then regressed the year after.

McDavid Gilmour

Jun 7, 2016
E-Town
I think Therrien is a pipe dream. It seems to me that Bergevin sided with him over Subban which makes him pretty damn safe in my eyes. Additionally, when is the last time a coach was fired while leading the division? I would think it is a pretty rare occurrence. Ruff and Maurice seem like the obvious candidates to me.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Should be Maurice but we have to evaluate so we will extend him 2 years.
By then we might have an inkling.
Jets motto
Let's not be hasty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad