Next coach to fall

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd say Maurice, but True North loves and respects him too much. Noel... they didn't really respect entirely. (Same reason Tippett will never leave Arizona).

Jon Cooper is good, just without Stamkos that team will instantly collapse, he can keep them together. So doubt he goes.

I'm guessing Lindy Ruff.

frankocb

Dawg sez Game ON eh!
May 7, 2015
Future Caniac
I really hope it's Blashill...please please please! :handclap:

I forget...why did Babs leave Detroit? Did his contract end and they just set him free? I don't believe they fired him...right?

The guy is arguably the best coach in the league today...dare I say, the NHLs current comparator to Bill Belechick. I find it hard to believe they'd just jettison him.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I forget...why did Babs leave Detroit? Did his contract end and they just set him free? I don't believe they fired him...right?

The guy is arguably the best coach in the league today...dare I say, the NHLs current comparator to Bill Belechick. I find it hard to believe they'd just jettison him.

Not even close to Belicheck, not even close.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Lindy ruff, as his team has high expectations.

Won't be Vancouver since they do not do mid season firings.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
It wouldn't bother me if it happened .

His deployment of lines and line pairs confuse me to no end. At this point i honestly think he is winning despite himself. Besides his first year when he was given a depth team that essentially assembled itself he ha been nothing but confusing.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
We could debate that (and I'm not going to ;)) but the point remains...I don't believe he's a guy one would just let go of or fire. Evidently the Wings did though...interesting.

He's not even close, for one reason only. The team he currently coaches. If he was coaching the Penguins today, we would never hear the end of how great he is.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Disco Dan might get the boot for his team allowing 39 shots to the Devils and only getting 23 shots.

With frickin Seth Helgeson, Karl Stollery dressed on D and Ben Lovejoy playing 22+ minutes (Lovejoy sucks). That's quite an accomplishment and may be grounds for a firing.

Lovejoy doesn't suck. He just shouldn't be getting 23 minutes a night.

embryoniccrusadah

Nov 3, 2011
Willie Dejardains. Although he does help with the overall tank objective, so maybe not.

I really dont understand when people say this.

WD makes some baffling decisions for sure, but he has the team in the playoff hunt. The team was predicted to get 65 points! He has them overachieving.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
If it's not Maurice, I will be shocked, SHOCKED, if by morning the MTS centre isn't burned to the ground.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If it's not Maurice, I will be shocked, SHOCKED, if by morning the MTS centre isn't burned to the ground.

We will see tomorrow morning if the axe will fall on Maurice. He's basically a lame duck coach next year anyway, so the Jets will have to decide whether to extend him(sorry Jets fans) or go in a different direction.

I wouldn't rule anything out with so much coaching talent available and with the season can still be salvaged.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lovejoy doesn't suck. He just shouldn't be getting 23 minutes a night.

I see people say this all the time and I thought maybe they were right, I'm not so sure at this point though. Color me skeptical.

I'm not sure if he'd be good playing 16 or 17 minutes a night, but the team would be better off for it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We will see tomorrow morning if the axe will fall on Maurice. He's basically a lame duck coach next year anyway, so the Jets will have to decide whether to extend him(sorry Jets fans) or go in a different direction.

I wouldn't rule anything out with so much coaching talent available and with the season can still be salvaged.

I remember Bob McKenzie coming on NBCSN (like he does every Wednesday night) a few weeks back and saying he thinks the Jets wanna extend Maurice.

The whole ''Chevy is a great GM and one of the best in the league'' theory needs to end once and for all if this happens. Maurice might not be that bad, but there's no reason to extend him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad