Speculation: Next captain of the Canucks?

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
I'm guessing Sutter. He's foundational. Should be Bo, but for some reason I just don't see them making the logical decision so my guess is Sutter.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Oh man the thought of Sutter getting it is so cringe worthy... but possible with this regime.

Has to be Bo all the way.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Bo Horvat should be the answer to this question, 1000%. Plays big minutes both offensively and defensively, works his tail off, is a model citizen on the ice and off it, garners respect around the league. The Twins themselves have lauded his leadership qualities on many occasions.

Like many of you, my nightmare scenario is Brandon Sutter. I hope they don't go that route and that they make the right choice and bestow the "C" upon Bo.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
If it isn't Bo, I hope they put up 3 A's next season and give it to Bo in 2 years.

Bo - A
Edler - A
Tanev - A

Sutter will get SOMETHING though. If it's the C, I quit.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Shouldn't be anybody else but Bo. I doubt Edler would even want the Captaincy

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
You'd think it would be Horvat, but if he isn't wearing an A now maybe it's a little too soon? We don't know what goes on in the locker room, so could be better to give Edler the C and give Horvat an A. Run with that for a year or two then give Horvat the C.

And damn what a joke it would be if they give it to Sutter or Gudbranson, but who knows with this management. And Dorsett would pretty much be a lock if he wasn't permanently on the IR.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
John Tavares, have you seen this quote from him?

Andrew Gross‏Verified account @AGrossNewsday
"Probably means nothing but John Tavares was asked about Mathew Barzal today and JT finished his comment with this, "I'm excited to finish the season with him and looking forward to the future." #IslesTwitter can now spend the day dissecting that."

-------

There is no way he's staying in that organization... let the bidding war begin. Would be an AMAZING player to help mentor and lead this team with Bo and Brock with A's.
If we miraculously got Tavares, we'd be set up front if we signed a LW like JVR as well. Such a pipe dream but still.

JVR-Tavares-Boeser
Baertschi-Horvat-Pettersson
Leipsic-Gaudette-Virtanen
Archie-Sutter-Eriksson
Gaunce/Goldy

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Should be Horvat. Tanev and Edler would be good for the team but they aren't really interview material which is basically what wearing the C is.

It would be fitting for Sutter or Gudbranson to get it, but they've clearly been grooming Horvat for the C and I would be shocked for him not to get it, even with this sad sack franchise.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
I just can't imagine that Brock isn't in the conversation for a letter... guy has winner and professionalism written all over him. Virtanen called him "the franchise" when he injured his back. Tons of respect in the room for him as well as Bo. I think Bo has been positioning himself for it but I'm not sure it's a given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad