Speculation: Next captain of the Canucks?

jonnygf40

Oct 23, 2009
Bo for captain. Trade Edler. Pray Tanev stays healthy to teach Juolevi how to play defence.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Bo has clearly been the engine of this team for a while now.

Be silly to hand it to anyone other than him. I guess Edler is a dark horse.

If it goes to either Sutter or Gudbranson I may stop watching hockey for a while out of pure spite.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Bo - C
Edler - A
Sutter - A

That's my best guess. They'd be crazy to give the C to anyone but Bo.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Not sure why they'd even consider giving it to a guy that won't even be in the lineup a good chunk of the time (Gudbranson).

C should be given the Horvat but considering who is in management, I'm afraid it's going to Sutter.

In the end though, it's just a letter on the jersey. Horvat leads by example; he doesn't need a sewn letter.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
Well, knowing this team and how they like their 'The Right Way" nonsense, its gotta be one of the Veterans. Sutter/Gudbranson/Tanev/Edler, ill be gladly wrong if they do end up giving it to Bo, cause he deserves it.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
John Tavares, have you seen this quote from him?

Andrew Gross‏Verified account @AGrossNewsday
"Probably means nothing but John Tavares was asked about Mathew Barzal today and JT finished his comment with this, "I'm excited to finish the season with him and looking forward to the future." #IslesTwitter can now spend the day dissecting that."

-------

There is no way he's staying in that organization... let the bidding war begin. Would be an AMAZING player to help mentor and lead this team with Bo and Brock with A's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad