News Article: News & Notes XXXII: Simply Having a Wonderful Canesmas Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
When I was younger, in the Midwest, our softball team sponsor was none other than PBR. We got all the free beer we wanted, but it clearly had to be PBR. A cold PBR was fantastic after a hot day on the ball fields.
Hey now, don't cast shade on PBR. It won a ribbon. Best of the macros by far.

Even as a homebrewer and somebody who drinks craft beer near exclusively, I always have a few cans cold.

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
You know I’m sure it’s been said but sticking to the context of sports only, you got to hate it for Morgan Geekie. Came in showing fire. Might have become a star or might have flamed out but hopefully whenever play starts back, he picks up where he left off.

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
You know I’m sure it’s been said but sticking to the context of sports only, you got to hate it for Morgan Geekie. Came in showing fire. Might have become a star or might have flamed out but hopefully whenever play starts back, the picks up where he left off.

I mean you hate to see how the season stopped abruptly when he was getting ready to eclipse Gretzky's PPG records, but the good news is he's gone and put himself in the drivers seat for a spot next season even if there's not another game this year. Need a #4 C heading into next season? he can do that. Need a guy to play wing on the Staal line if Williams retires? he can do that. As is I think he starts at the #4 and is likely to move up if Dzingle disappoints again next season.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
That explains the outrageously drunk Finnish man sitting/passed-out next to us during the Canes games at Hartwall who stirred to life and said "woooow" every time the arena erupted in cheers. Helsinki was an incredibly well-buttered city.

Man, that was a good time. I wish we'd go back. I would love to visit Finland again.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That explains the outrageously drunk Finnish man sitting/passed-out next to us during the Canes games at Hartwall who stirred to life and said "woooow" every time the arena erupted in cheers. Helsinki was an incredibly well-buttered city.
I'm afraid this guy is at every arena and in every game in Finland. :D

He should be an emoji.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hey now, don't cast shade on PBR. It won a ribbon. Best of the macros by far.

Even as a homebrewer and somebody who drinks craft beer near exclusively, I always have a few cans cold.
Was by no means casting shade. Its still a beer I enjoy on a hot summer day.

but as someone posted, this whole discussion should probably moved to the watcha drinking thread

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

Helsinki Hurricanes

Sep 6, 2018
Nhl players asked who they think is most underrated player in the NHL. Jaccob Slavin mentions Hjalmarsson and Pesce.

More surprisingly, Matthew Barzal mentions Jordan Staal. Even if he's not producing as well as before, there's still value in his shutdown ability.

3 minute video in YouTube.

Reactions: DaveG and vorbis

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
During the pandemic I’ve decided to explore the full range of modern beer selection, so I splurged and bought a case of a fancy import, Heineken.
i3iRCd7.gif

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Nhl players asked who they think is most underrated player in the NHL. Jaccob Slavin mentions Hjalmarsson and Pesce.

More surprisingly, Matthew Barzal mentions Jordan Staal. Even if he's not producing as well as before, there's still value in his shutdown ability.

3 minute video in YouTube.

Most underrated player?

Barzal: that motherf***er who beat my ass for 4 games straight in the playoffs last year

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
correct. Pabst won the Blue Ribbon at the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago.
Sorta. The expo didn't want demonstrations to be a competition, so they didn't actually give out any awards other than a medal to everyone who scored above a minimum threshold on the judge's scoresheet, which was 80/100. Pabst claimed that they had gotten the highest score and had thus won, despite there not actually being an official winner. But they had won numerous competitions before that and were already using blue ribbons in their marketing.

Reactions: DaveG

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Is it wrong to want to marry your common-law spouse solely so that you could just one time beat her up wearing this?

I mean, I know it is, but somehow this connects me to deep darkness I didn't know I had.

Yes. It is wrong. And would likely end up with her beating your ass instead, especially if she buys the matching Bruins tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad