News from Around the NHL 2014-2015 Edition Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
It's not like Columbus acquired Clarkson with the thought he was going to lead them into the playoffs this year anyway. It was basically a swap of one under performing stiff for another. I cant imagine they're too devastated by this.

Boston with Connolly on the other hand....

Actually, assuming Toronto insured the Clarkson contract (as opposed to Columbus who opted not to insure Horton's contract since there was a deductible issue, as I understand it), financially they might save a few $$$ on the overall deal. Not that that helps their fans or the product on the ice.

As for Dennis Seidenberg hurting Connolly, who always seems to be hurt or nicked up and/or under performing, didn't Seidenberg hurt another player/teammate a couple years ago with a shot? It sounds familiar.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Bad trade deadline injury mojo

1) Tyler Kennedy, mystery upper body.
2) Connolly, finger
3) Clarkson, torn oblique

Who is next?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Oh man, that would have been too good if they called that one no goal vs the Rags

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
the rags, and their freaking fans are killing me. They're already planning the parade, and even though we've seen trade dead line acquisitions blow up in their face, part of me is nervous that they might actually win it this year.

but boy, oh boy I cannot stand their fans--Last time I was this annoyed with rag fans, I was like 10.........

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
the rags, and their freaking fans are killing me. They're already planning the parade, and even though we've seen trade dead line acquisitions blow up in their face, part of me is nervous that they might actually win it this year.

but boy, oh boy I cannot stand their fans--Last time I was this annoyed with rag fans, I was like 10.........

They are my favorite out of the East by a long shot, if they run into Chicago or St. Louis though I don't see them winning, anybody else out there they probably win, I'm assuming LA won't be much of a factor this playoffs if they even make it

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
They are my favorite out of the East by a long shot, if they run into Chicago or St. Louis though I don't see them winning, anybody else out there they probably win, I'm assuming LA won't be much of a factor this playoffs if they even make it

Don't discount LA. They have played the most games in the past three years and know when to turn it on. I WOULD NOT want to play them this post season, if they get in......

lovegun

Jul 5, 2013
Sault Ste Marie

I know how you feel, except its the Habs for me. I always feel a weight lifted off my shoulders, once the Habs get knocked out. I'd love to see the Isles knock out the Rags and the Habs this year, as that would feel like winning a lottery :handclap: Lets Go Islanders !!! :yo:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I know how you feel, except its the Habs for me. I always feel a weight lifted off my shoulders, once the Habs get knocked out. I'd love to see the Isles knock out the Rags and the Habs this year, as that would feel like winning a lottery :handclap: Lets Go Islanders !!! :yo:

The Isles are the Rags biggest threat by far, possibly Tampa too...anyone else in the East they should beat

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

Totally agree...they look really really good and this is without Hank. Just gotta hope they are peaking right now and they come back down a couple of pegs. I'm not an advanced stat guy but know they are saying shooting % is unsustainable and that Girardi & Staal are hot garbage-i dont see that but hope they are right because I'm not sure I could stand hearing their fan base if they won it all

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
You have to wonder when Talbot is getting traded, he's not going to hang around here as a backup for 6-7 years, the Rangers have another prospect who is only 19 or so and would be more well timed for when Lundqvist retires.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
You have to wonder when Talbot is getting traded, he's not going to hang around here as a backup for 6-7 years, the Rangers have another prospect who is only 19 or so and would be more well timed for when Lundqvist retires.

He's only signed through next season but could see him dealt at the draft a la Corey Schneider.

Talbot deserved a better fate tonight. Wings never got any traffic in front of him tonight except on the two goals. He's decent when he can see the puck. Need to screen the hell out of him on Monday.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Zidlicky would have looked real good on the Islanders blueline.

Most Preds and Devils fans will tell you that you're glad we don't have him, he's largely been overrated most of his career...you sort of saw Yandle's weakness tonight too, he was repeateadly burned and even took a penalty once when he was beat by a player...the guy is really mediocre defensively, if you play a shutdown defense like a Kings/Hawks/Caps he could be more or less a non-factor or even hurt you. Boyle is at least a very solid dman.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
Most Preds and Devils fans will tell you that you're glad we don't have him, he's largely been overrated most of his career...you sort of saw Yandle's weakness tonight too, he was repeateadly burned and even took a penalty once when he was beat by a player...the guy is really mediocre defensively, if you play a shutdown defense like a Kings/Hawks/Caps he could be more or less a non-factor or even hurt you. Boyle is at least a very solid dman.

I would have risked the 3rd if it meant getting Strait or Hickey out of the lineup.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida

Can't wait to read the excuses when they win nothing.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I would have risked the 3rd if it meant getting Strait or Hickey out of the lineup.

I remember the Wild trying desperately to unload him.
A small offensive puck mover who as someone said, we already have a few of.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Can't wait to read the excuses when they win nothing.

When they win nothing, they just pretend. Getting knocked out in five games in the SCF = winning the Cup to them, for some insane reason I can't comprehend. I'd be thrilled if the Isles made it, but really, really chastened if they were saved from a sweep by a pile of snow.

dok101

Jan 2, 2006
New York
Still marvel at this dude's longevity, and the fact that he has remained with the same franchise for his entire career. I was in HS when he broke in with Winnipeg! Would love to see him get 1000 points, but that would probably take two, or more likely three more years after the current season. Doubt he will stick around that long, but you never know.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Those Yotes jerseys look fantastic. I didnt really appreciate them the first time around. So much better than that current "Southwest Red Wings" look they have going on now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad