News from Around the NHL 2014-2015 Edition Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
rangers win again.. just playing really good hockey, can't deny it.. They have some tough games on the road but still getting plenty of rest in between games, meanwhile we will play them next tuesday on the back end of a back to back coming home from a 4 game road trip…

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
rangers win again.. just playing really good hockey, can't deny it.. They have some tough games on the road but still getting plenty of rest in between games, meanwhile we will play them next tuesday on the back end of a back to back coming home from a 4 game road trip…

It is what it is. This one isn't going to be decided by our next game with them, these two will be going back and forth until the end of the season.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
It is what it is. This one isn't going to be decided by our next game with them, these two will be going back and forth until the end of the season.

their last month will pack in a lot of games.. they will have 4 games in hand when we play them. crazy scheduling overall.

CDirt

Mar 20, 2008
z9.invisionfree.com

Was watching a lot of the defensive schemes tonight. They really neglect the off wing protecting against cross ice feeds.

When the puck is in the corner they send three in to fish it out.

They cheat a lot on the points sending two sometime three guys to one side.

Their whole defensive scheme relies on cheating on the off wing and sending too many guys to isolate the point. When they isolate the point the leave odd man situations down low. All that's needed is a dump but of course you have to flutter it so the puck is on end. The second or two to settle it down is all that's needed to even up.

It's almost like they are playing NZ transition game in their own end.

I could never figure it out how this team was doing this because I haven't watched them much. I've watched em in their last few games and these guys play a defensive system as if they know they are terrible at one on one battles.

I don't know how this is going to translate into a seven game series. It's working for them now really well but I think it's going to get exploited.

I don't think the Rangers are a fast team by any stretch. They have some speedy forwards but their overall team speed is not that good. Specially their D but haven't cued in on them as much as I should. They seem about average speed wise.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Rangers are playing really good hockey right now. Can only hope they are peaking to early and hit a rut around playoff time. They have not skipped a beat since Lundquist went down which is really impressive.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Updated standings predictions

If this holds playoff series in the East would be:

Bruins vs. Rangers
Penguins vs. Islanders
Capitals vs. Canadiens
Lightning vs. Red Wings

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Also, Baertschi got dumped for a 2nd. Same agent as Nino.

Nino returned Clutterbuck and a 3rd right? I'm happier with getting the NHL player and the 3rd than the 2nd. Although it looks like the scouting staff blew it with the pick. Wasn't Duclair on the board at the time?

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Also, Baertschi got dumped for a 2nd. Same agent as Nino.

Nino returned Clutterbuck and a 3rd right? I'm happier with getting the NHL player and the 3rd than the 2nd. Although it looks like the scouting staff blew it with the pick. Wasn't Duclair on the board at the time?

Don't know if you are talking about Nino(10 draft) or Baertschi(11 draft). But Duclair(13 draft) was a 3rd round pick, so many teams passed on him, most notably the Islanders took Cammarata and McAdam in the 3rsd round in front of Duclair.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Don't know if you are talking about Nino(10 draft) or Baertschi(11 draft). But Duclair(13 draft) was a 3rd round pick, so many teams passed on him, most notably the Islanders took Cammarata and McAdam in the 3rsd round in front of Duclair.

I'm talking about the pick we acquired in the Nino trade.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Updated standings predictions

If this holds playoff series in the East would be:

Bruins vs. Rangers
Penguins vs. Islanders
Capitals vs. Canadiens
Lightning vs. Red Wings

There aren't all that many good potential matchups. All I really care about is getting home ice. We can play the Rags/Pens/Caps. I'm not too thrilled with any of those matchups but not particularly frightened either.

It would be weird having home ice against the Pens though. Just doesn't seem right.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Of he East teams, Pittsburgh may be our best chance, until playoff Fleury shows me something, I think he is very beatable--that said, they did improve getting Winnik and they got more physical with the additions of Lovejoy and Lapierre so nothing is gonna be easy.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
So Florida had both their goalies get injured last night and one option for them was.....their goalie coach suiting up? WTF? Is that really the rule? Is there a rule on that?

It seems that they signed him to an emergency contract. Can you do that during the game?

Edit: Just found the main board thread on this issue. Its **** ing hysterical.

Last edited:

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
So Florida had both their goalies get injured last night and one option for them was.....their goalie coach suiting up? WTF? Is that really the rule? Is there a rule on that?

It seems that they signed him to an emergency contract. Can you do that during the game?

Edit: Just found the main board thread on this issue. Its **** ing hysterical.

Pretty sure the Islanders ran into this issue when Joey MacDonald and Yann Danis were the goalies. I was at the game where Mike Dunham started suiting up.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Of he East teams, Pittsburgh may be our best chance, until playoff Fleury shows me something, I think he is very beatable--that said, they did improve getting Winnik and they got more physical with the additions of Lovejoy and Lapierre so nothing is gonna be easy.

Why would you want Pitt over Washington? (Whom the Isles would play today)

I would take my chances at Holtby than the Penguins

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

I agree, Pittsburgh will kill us on the PP, Washington won't if Ovechkin goes into hiding again which he has been known to do in the playoffs, I still take the Rangers over both of them, we matchup better with them overall, they aren't very physical and have trouble with our speed game.. If you notice this year we have gotten the Rangers to play our style in every single match up on the other hand Trotz has been able to get the Islanders to play the Caps style or his style in every match up, all the games have been low scoring until Vigneault figures out how to do this with the isles I don't see the Rangers beating them in a series

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
i'm very interested to see the wings - rags game tonight. Detroit is a team that I think that has the personnel and coaching to neutralize the NYR alley oop stretch passing style.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
If Columbus didn't have bad luck, they would have no luck at all. Per various reports, David Clarkson suffered a torn oblique and is expected to miss four-to-six weeks. Odds are he is out for the season, wow.

Wedregast

Mar 26, 2009
If Columbus didn't have bad luck, they would have no luck at all. Per various reports, David Clarkson suffered a torn oblique and is expected to miss four-to-six weeks. Odds are he is out for the season, wow.

Wow! It's got to be the worsst to be a Columbus fan, since the team was created. That team NEVER catches a break.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
It's not like Columbus acquired Clarkson with the thought he was going to lead them into the playoffs this year anyway. It was basically a swap of one under performing stiff for another. I cant imagine they're too devastated by this.

Boston with Connolly on the other hand....

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee

Caps have not only played the isles tighter all year, but with the addition of Gleason at the TDL, their D would suffocate the isles. Isles just don't do well against physical teams. Pens don't really have a physical D, and 2 years ago a less talented team with ECHL level goaltending pushed the star powered pens to the brink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad