News from Around the NHL 2014-2015 Edition Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadwayJay*

No, I do not agree with that. I watch the Flyers when the Isles are not playing and they are (I live in their viewing area) and Timonen was getting a bit bashed by his own fan base last year for being slower, weaker, much less effective. He was considered a lesser defenseman than Coburn, who himself has degraded.

I think the Hawks took a calculated risk that Timonen can be sheltered enough to at least provide some veteran guile and minutes as a #6 or even a fill in.

The Flyers fan base is not always very sensible.

Lets look at what KT does for his d-partners in CF:

KT alone: 55% on a middling club.

KT and Coburn: 55%
Coburn without KT: 46%

KT and Schenn: 60%
Schenn without KT: 47.1%

Coburn was his primary partner.

Anyone who thinks KT is worse than Coburn is out of his mind. I watch A LOT of Flyers games (one of my best friends is a Flyers fan and he lives nearby.)

KT is EXCELLENT still, make no bones about it.

I could go on and on.

Go to his hextal skater chart: http://war-on-ice.com/hexplayers.html

Its all blue against, he suppressing shots at an alarmingly high rate compared to his teammates. He's good. Very good.

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
The Sabres are currently up 2-0 on the Panthers.

Their fans are currently in full panic mode because their team has looked great as of late and would only be 2 points below Arizona with a win today.

I'm enjoying every second of this season!

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The Sabres are currently up 2-0 on the Panthers.

Their fans are currently in full panic mode because their team has looked great as of late and would only be 2 points below Arizona with a win today.

I'm enjoying every second of this season!

I cannot wait until the Sabres front office trades Neuvirth for a 6th rounder then turns the starting goalie role over to a combo of Lindback and a local high school goalie, lol.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Just glad the Flyers did their job tonight...Rags were incredibly lucky they didn't give one up in last minute.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
That game was a lock last night shoulda bet the house on the flyers.

My ranger fan friend made the trip down and has gone on many road trip with the team and they've lost every single road game he's gone to.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That game was a lock last night shoulda bet the house on the flyers.

My ranger fan friend made the trip down and has gone on many road trip with the team and they've lost every single road game he's gone to.

Bring him to the game at the Barn on March 10th.;)

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
The Flyers fan base is not always very sensible.

Lets look at what KT does for his d-partners in CF:

KT alone: 55% on a middling club.

KT and Coburn: 55%
Coburn without KT: 46%

KT and Schenn: 60%
Schenn without KT: 47.1%

Coburn was his primary partner.

Anyone who thinks KT is worse than Coburn is out of his mind. I watch A LOT of Flyers games (one of my best friends is a Flyers fan and he lives nearby.)

KT is EXCELLENT still, make no bones about it.

I could go on and on.

Go to his hextal skater chart: http://war-on-ice.com/hexplayers.html

Its all blue against, he suppressing shots at an alarmingly high rate compared to his teammates. He's good. Very good.

Well I can't argue advances stats with the Jedi Master.
He had wanted to make this hi last season nt because he was tired of the game but because his game was not up to it's former level.
If he helps them then they made a good trade. They are not giving up a chase for the Cup because Kane went down. If anything, when he comes back, maybe late in the playoffs, he oly adds to what they will have with Timonen and Vermette, the rest of the cast of top talent.
Bowman going for it.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Watching the Kings-Jets game--Jets are fast, physical and Trouba is a stud young dman. Kings are the Kings. I couldn't imagine the Isles facing 4-7 games of this in the playoffs and coming out on the long end of the stick.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Watching the Kings-Jets game--Jets are fast, physical and Trouba is a stud young dman. Kings are the Kings. I couldn't imagine the Isles facing 4-7 games of this in the playoffs and coming out on the long end of the stick.

Trouba is phenomenal, lots of teams swung and missed on him, including us. He's gonna be a stud for the next 10-15 years. Will be Allstar caliber very soon.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Wow. Nashville PP looks absolutely brutal.

Rags have been flying.....they attack in every zone, whether even strength or short handed. Their coaching/systems are so much better than ours, its gonna be difficult to overcome that we are so far behind other teams in the coaching dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad