News from Around the NHL 2014-2015 Edition Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Part 2: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1813129

MOD WARNING:

Here's the deal, this is news from around the NHL, where you can discuss the other 29 teams actions and games. This isn't a hangout for other teams posters to discuss their team, they have their own board. If you feel posters are trolling, DO NOT ENGAGE, report, so us Islander Mods can handle and take care as we try hard to do as fast as possible.

So let's continue.

Games of notice tonight are Boston and Jersey and then Washington and the Hurricanes.

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
Caps eight behind us, each with 19 to go. Not a single damn thing's been settled in the Metro's top four, but the closest thing to a safe call is fast approaching: we probably don't finish behind them.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Our old friend Katie Strang with a big scoop: rags more likely to trade zuccarello than re-sign him. Goofy move if it happens.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Not really, the return would be good for a player that will leave. They have a Fast player that can help.

I'm mostly against trading pending UFAs when you've got a chance at a cup.

(see also: johnny boychuk)

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
If he's 70% of where he was a year ago, he'll be well worth it.

No, I do not agree with that. I watch the Flyers when the Isles are not playing and they are (I live in their viewing area) and Timonen was getting a bit bashed by his own fan base last year for being slower, weaker, much less effective. He was considered a lesser defenseman than Coburn, who himself has degraded.

I think the Hawks took a calculated risk that Timonen can be sheltered enough to at least provide some veteran guile and minutes as a #6 or even a fill in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad