News From Around the League Part XLVII - FREE AGENT FRENZY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I like Ribeiro and we need his talent at center but you wouldn't trade Ryder to make room for him given those two have had excellent chemistry in the past.
Brunner and Josefson would be the players missing out if Ribeiro was being brought in.

Would you really want to trade a younger and speedier player in Brunner for a player that disappeared for half the season last year? Brunner could potentially have a breakout year. It's risky either way. It seems like a trade off. Potential chemistry and more goals or speed, younger talent and a player who had a year to learn the system and could potentially have a stand out year.

Also where would you trade Brunner/Ryder and JJ?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Actually, I was wondering if Detroit would be interested in taking Brunner back. I'd easily trade him and take a chance on Ryder having a bounce-back season if we could get a decent return.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Would you really want to trade a younger and speedier player in Brunner for a player that disappeared for half the season last year? Brunner could potentially have a breakout year. It's risky either way. It seems like a trade off. Potential chemistry and more goals or speed, younger talent and a player who had a year to learn the system and could potentially have a stand out year.

Ryder had a better season than Brunner last season. His goalscoring pedigree is more proven too.
In saying that if we can keep Brunner too, we should given their is a high chance that Clowe and Havlat wont stay healthy. We also might find that Jagr and Elias could be rested for some back to back games.

As for JJ, I would allow him to play in Europe for a season or two then revaluate if you want to give him another shot. The last thing he needs is another season bouncing to and from the press box and the 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad