News From Around the League - Part XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Are they really trying to trade Byfuglien? We should could use him on the PP.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are they really trying to trade Byfuglien? We should could use him on the PP.

Lazy player that is not in very good shape at all. I don't even wanna know what his cap hit is either. More than he is likely worth.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He is a freak of a player. Crazy good shot and skilled skater. Kovy and him on the point for the powerplay would be amazing.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
big buff would probably be faster than some of our current forwards, even at 300 lbs.

Definitely faster than some defensemen, Salvador, Volchenkov, and Greene obviously!:sarcasm:

Well he is faster than the first two.

apice3*

Byfuglien would be a perfect fit, IMO. Just not as a D-man.

I'd take him to be the 2nd line RW we need, as well as a point man on the PP.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Pens sign Bylsma to 2 year extension.

Pens fans are absolutely exploding over in their forum. The height of comedy gold, never throught I'd see THAT many bandwagoners in one place.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Pens fans are absolutely exploding over in their forum. The height of comedy gold, never throught I'd see THAT many bandwagoners in one place.

I really think it's best for them that they keep him around. People can talk all they want about it being his fault, but when do the players get held accountable? Crosby and Malkin are their leaders and should know better than to act and play the way that they did in Games 1 and 2.

I'll only give Bylsma share of the blame if he continues to ride Fleury. But for our sake, I sure hope he does!

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
anyone with half a brain (larry brooks, stop reading here) knew that disco dan wasnt going anywhere. hes a phenomenal coach...people think its easy to coach such a talented group, but thats really not the case

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Apparently Shero also said he will not get rid of MAF too. Imagine it is defcon 1 over on the Pens forum.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
#Flyers have traded for defenseman Mark Streit: Details here: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=673683 … #NHL

Islanders get warm body prospect Shane Harper and a 4th round pick in 2014. Harper is from the area I grew up in (about an hour north of Los Angeles). They built a nice hockey facility the year after I left for college and Harper was the first kid from the area who was able to land a pro contract.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
anyone with half a brain (larry brooks, stop reading here) knew that disco dan wasnt going anywhere. hes a phenomenal coach...people think its easy to coach such a talented group, but thats really not the case

I wouldn't call him phenomenal, but I do find it a bit of a double standard that people go on about how much the goaltending sucks and the defense is flawed and yet call him a village idiot in the same breath. Either they're not a championship team or the guy's an idiot but it can't be both given the success they have had.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Not saying I disagree but he has a say in who gets acquired for their D and implementing the style on the D that they play.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Good pickup by Philly as long as the $$ is reasonable on the new contract, he's very good on the PP and outletting the puck out of the zone.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder what he signs for?

Or did Streit just leave the Isles cause he didn't think they were gonna be competitive enough? Maybe he takes the same amount of money from Philly that the Islanders offered?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Not saying I disagree but he has a say in who gets acquired for their D and implementing the style on the D that they play.

Yeah, and they have some d-men who can play, so D is partly at least on the coach.

But Pitt's problem has been more goal tending imo, certainly last year vs Philly, and early playoffs this year. And not much a coach can do there except put in the backup, which he did, eventually.

And even with that they went to the conf finals(and got embarrassed but, give Boston some credit).

And as Apice noted, signing a contract does not mean he will be there for 2 more years.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I wonder what he signs for?

Or did Streit just leave the Isles cause he didn't think they were gonna be competitive enough? Maybe he takes the same amount of money from Philly that the Islanders offered?

I think the Isles told him he was out of their plans, they want to work in one of their promising young defense prospects.

He can still help with the puck and in the offensive zone.

Isles fans mostly have glowing things to say about him.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I think the Isles told him he was out of their plans, they want to work in one of their promising young defense prospects.

He can still help with the puck and in the offensive zone.

Isles fans mostly have glowing things to say about him.

They offered him 3 years 15.5 Million I believe it was. THey wanted him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad