News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2023-24

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Detroit does it again, ties it up with 4 seconds left. I think it was a blown icing call that led to it as well.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Unfortunately for Detroit, Washington just scored on an empty net in a tie game with three minutes left. If Washington holds on then Detroit is done no matter what.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Detroit wins in a shootout, and the Red Wings knew it didn't matter already. What a swing of emotions for them and their fans in the past 48 hours.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Not fan of the Yzerplan - also, that team folded when Larkin went down for those weeks. Debrincat was useless during that stretch too.

However, the look of the wind out of their sails at the end of the shootout, you felt for them. Too bad their GM didn’t bolster the team at the deadline. Oh well.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Something I hadn't realized in the moment while watching the game live, once Detroit tied their game and went to OT Philadelphia was eliminated from the playoff race. Philadelphia didn't know that and pulled their goalie in a tie game because they needed a regulation win in order to have a chance to get in. Washington scores an empty goal and ends Detroit's season simply because Philadelphia didn't know their season was over already.

You can't make this up.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Something I hadn't realized in the moment while watching the game live, once Detroit tied their game and went to OT Philadelphia was eliminated from the playoff race. Philadelphia didn't know that and pulled their goalie in a tie game because they needed a regulation win in order to have a chance to get in. Washington scores an empty goal and ends Detroit's season simply because Philadelphia didn't know their season was over already.

You can't make this up.
Wow

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016

You can't make this up.
It was ridiculous to watch live. I had both games on, so I realized there was no point in Philly pulling their goalie, which was my worry. Then they proceed to do it anyway…

There was a few minute gap in between the Wings scoring and Philly pulling their goalie.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
What’s the over/under on Dubas canning Sullivan? He made all those changes in the offseason, including Karlsson, then trades Guentzel at the deadline and doesn’t add to cover it, then they fall short on Game 81.

He’s gotta lay blame somewhere- he did it annually it Toronto.

(My guess is he waits out TML series to see if his buddy becomes available).

Reactions: Potvottier

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
It was ridiculous to watch live. I had both games on, so I realized there was no point in Philly pulling their goalie, which was my worry. Then they proceed to do it anyway…

There was a few minute gap in between the Wings scoring and Philly pulling their goalie.

It was 1 min 44 seconds apart, according to ESPN

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise

You can't make this up.
It's funny, but it doesn't really matter in the end. I mean, do the Flyers care who gets in if they're not?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It's funny, but it doesn't really matter in the end. I mean, do the Flyers care who gets in if they're not?
I don't think they care but it also wouldn't be great for the game if teams intentionally screwed other organizations by throwing games like that.

... On the other hand, maybe it would.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Will be entertaining to hear what Dumass plan for the penguins is going forward.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Will be entertaining to hear what Dumass plan for the penguins is going forward.
It’s crazy because Crosby is still playing at a high level but Gonna be 38. Same with Malkin and Letang. You traded away Guentzal. Definitely has some decisions to make

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
It’s crazy because Crosby is still playing at a high level but Gonna be 38. Same with Malkin and Letang. You traded away Guentzal. Definitely has some decisions to make
Does he trade Cindy and Malkin? Add more offense for another run at it?

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
They have 3 more years of Karlsson, 4 more years of Letang who, besides killing the Isles, is declining, 4 more years of a mediocre goalie, and 4 more years of Rakell. I see a lot of dead weight dragging down the team.

The team I could see Crosby playing for is the Canadiens. I don't think Crosby could play for just any other franchise without it damaging his legacy, but he could play there imo. Montreal has 6 picks in the first 3 rounds for 2024, and 7 picks in the first 3 rounds for 2025.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
They have 3 more years of Karlsson, 4 more years of Letang who, besides killing the Isles, is declining, 4 more years of a mediocre goalie, and 4 more years of Rakell. I see a lot of dead weight dragging down the team.

The team I could see Crosby playing for is the Canadiens. I don't think Crosby could play for just any other franchise without it damaging his legacy, but he could play there imo. Montreal has 6 picks in the first 3 rounds for 2024, and 7 picks in the first 3 rounds for 2025.
I think he’s staying in PIT to his own detriment on winning. A team like MON is a risk for sure, but if he went there as a UFA, then he could impact trades and UFAs wanting to play for an Original 6.

The PE guys got hoodwinked in hiring Dumbo, but that’s their problem. Benefits the teams in the Metro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad