News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2023-24

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
The Flyers need everyone to lose in regulation and they get in I think. It'll go down to goal differential vs Washington.
They need Detroit and the pens to lose. And then need to beat Washington by 2 goals or more.

2 goals means they tie on the head to head goals. (The 5th tiebreaker) And it goes to the 6th tie breaker, goal differential. Which the flyers win (currently -25 to -38)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I’m no expert, and just briefly checked, and you may be right, might come down to the 5th tiebreaker with Washington, which I think is head to head. No idea who wins that breaker

Philadelphia would tie them so they'd go to the 6th tiebreaker, so Philadelphia would get in.

They need Detroit and the pens to lose. And then need to beat Washington by 2 goals or more.

2 goals means they tie on the head to head goals. (The 5th tiebreaker) And it goes to the 6th tie breaker, goal differential. Which the flyers win (currently -25 to -38)

The fifth tiebreaker is points earned, not goals. They'd be tied in that category with a regulation win.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Philadelphia would tie them so they'd go to the 6th tiebreaker, so Philadelphia would get in.

The fifth tiebreaker is points earned, not goals. They'd be tied in that category with a regulation win.
Wow, 6th is goal differential. Flyers just eek them out on that one lolz

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
‘rado blew a 3 goal lead in the third and lost in OT. Outshot 11-2 in the third.
Them not grabbing a goalie at the deadline is almost as unbelievable as the Devil's not grabbing a goalie back in January/February.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island

I stand corrected

You are right about the 5th tiebreaker. But currently Washington leads 3pts to 2. So the flyers would have to win in regulation.
Ot or SO means they tie for the year in points. And it goes to goal differential which was currently leads by 2.

Still long odds for them.
need Pitt and det to lost in regulation and they need to win in regulation

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
I stand corrected

You are right about the 5th tiebreaker. But currently Washington leads 3pts to 2. So the flyers would have to win in regulation.
Ot or SO means they tie for the year in points. And it goes to goal differential which was currently leads by 2.

6th is goal differential over entire season, flyers will hold that advantage, and if Washington flyers game goes to Ot, Washington gets a point, and flyers are eliminated so tie breakers irrelevant at that point

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Our last game against PIT is either going to be:

incredibly important for PIT and meaningless for us; or

meaningless for both teams.

If it comes down to other teams needing PIT to lose that last game, I would not want to be counting on the Isles to win! Seriously, the only chance is that they give Sorokin the start to get some work (which they probably will) and he stops 50 shots. Could happen. :laugh:

Reactions: Big L

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Our last game against PIT is either going to be:

incredibly important for PIT and meaningless for us; or

meaningless for both teams.

If it comes down to other teams needing PIT to lose that last game, I would not want to be counting on the Isles to win! Seriously, the only chance is that they give Sorokin the start to get some work (which they probably will) and he stops 50 shots. Could happen. :laugh:
I’d hate to see Pitt celebrating making the playoffs on my ice.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
6th is goal differential over entire season, flyers will hold that advantage, and if Washington flyers game goes to Ot, Washington gets a point, and flyers are eliminated so tie breakers irrelevant at that point
Oh right. Duh. The caps would have more points if it goes to OT

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I stand corrected

They only play each other three times this year so that first overtime game gets tossed out and Washington won the second meeting in regulation, so if it's Philadelphia in regulation then they'd be tied with 2 points each.

It's bonkers.

For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the 'odd game') shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any 'odd games') shall be used to determine standing.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Couple real interesting games tonight.

Detroit at Montreal
Washington at Philly

3zy9rs.jpg

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
BUF fired their coach Don Granato - I didn't realize they're on a 13 year streak of missing the playoffs. Oy. What a mess.

These are the cautionary tales of rebuilding and why people should think twice about a tear it all down approach.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Now who will I make into the Devil?

Jack Quotes:

"No Bruin ever lost a fight, they just stopped it before the Bruin killed the guy . . ."

"The Boston Tea Party was a decisive win for Lucic!"

"Pope Ray Bourque the 1st is just a vote away"

"Bergeron is the only guy that should have gone into the Hall of fame while still playing!"

"I only have to watch a Bruin fight to get hard . . . oh, it's true, it's true!"

The funny thing is that all of these wouldn't be a surprise if he actually said them . . .

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Jack Edwards is a fvcking tool. What an absolute homer. And his staccato announcing style was like they let a stroke patient call the games.

Good riddance, loser. Now piss off.
I always disliked him but what's happened to him this year is sad. I'm not sure if he's been diagnosed with any condition yet but his speach deteriorated seemingly out of the blue. You're right, he sounded like he had a stroke but apparently he didn't and has had a battery of tests done to determine what is wrong. In addition to undergoing extensive speach therapy. From what I've read he's been freaked out about it (not surprisingly). But yes, even before this, he was insufferable.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Montreal up 1-0 as the first is coming to a close. Can Detroit come back again?

Edit: Yep, they tie it up just before the end of the first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad