News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2023-24

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
I believe that NHL execs wanted Arizona, because they believed that the retired Canucks there, would be a strong base. It's just not happening. Seems like 'big money' doesn't think Arizona is a worthwhile investment.

I agree with the league. Move on to better places. Fans of Arizona might be ok with following a team that is so far away. I've been a big fan of the Isles for the past 49 years, and I live in Niagara Falls Canada. It was tough when I was young, because coverage was practically non-existent. With the current plethora of information out there now, it is not hard to be a distant fan. I feel for them, but I would rather have a stronger team in the league.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Delay of game penalty by Chicago on a Dobson-like brain fart by Chicago up by 1 w/1:30 to go in game. Ducks already beat Vegas, so Vegas lost its destiny. If Kings tie, they move 3 spot to face EDM, if they don’t score and Chicago wins, then Vegas plays EDM. Kings score, Vegas now plays Dallas and EDM play LAK.

Will be interesting if that play has an impact on how the seeding goes rest of the way for the West. EDM now has an easier path, that’s for sure.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Dubas takes out one of Sullivan’s assistant coaches. Canadian media chatting it up.

Good old Dubas up to working the media again. So, in the end, crystal ball says Dubas is firing Rierden (he stinks anyway) in the hopes it pisses Sullivan off that he quits or seeks permission to mutually part ways to coach another team … like his buddy Fitz in NJ. Dubas opens the window for Keefe (UFA) or Woodcroft (available) bc Dubas ain’t hiring anyone with a winning pedigree to undermine him.

Just like in Toronto, Dubas starts taking out people to build in his excuse trail of why his teams just don’t go anywhere, despite his own transactional moves.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Dubas takes out one of Sullivan’s assistant coaches. Canadian media chatting it up.

Good old Dubas up to working the media again. So, in the end, crystal ball says Dubas is firing Rierden (he stinks anyway) in the hopes it pisses Sullivan off that he quits or seeks permission to mutually part ways to coach another team … like his buddy Fitz in NJ. Dubas opens the window for Keefe (UFA) or Woodcroft (available) bc Dubas ain’t hiring anyone with a winning pedigree to undermine him.

Just like in Toronto, Dubas starts taking out people to build in his excuse trail of why his teams just don’t go anywhere, despite his own transactional moves.

It's amazing how this Charlatan conned his way into the NHL management ranks.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I think Hickey is better than tv. He should be given a management position and trained for the front office. He has a good head for the game.
He can probably do whatever he wants to do. So, whatever he's doing I assume he's doing it because it's what he wants. Maybe he's rounding out an education at the same time.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Oh, it’s gonna get better. Once, people start to question his GM moves he’ll relinquish his GM duties and concentrate on his President of Hockey Operations role. He’s got 6 more years of smoke and mirrors to go.
Prob set up his family or future family due to the smoke and mirrors routine. In some degree, have to give him credit for working the hustle. Looks smart in those glasses too

Reactions: Big L

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
What's your reasoning? It seems like they jumped the gun given the coaches expecting to hit the market.
Unless you don’t really want to pay your coach that much. Green doesn’t have much pay leverage, but has somewhat established himself as a NHL coach.

He’s on the lower tier of cost for established coaches. He’s also not too big of a name for a rookie GM to get caught up in a power struggle. Green will happily take the job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad