News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2023-24

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
For all us old timers out there. Just saw that another player from the era I started watching hockey has passed on

RIP Jimmy Pappin 82 years old

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah, he’s got 7G and 7PP over 100+ games, who cares about how hard he shoots. Certainly, it’s ineffective on goals scored.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Did you see this on the mainboards? Kadri and his parade day t-shirt...

FWhIXhTXEAA5Dms

Oh well, hard to be mad when...

kucherov.png

Last edited:

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Maybe I am misremembering it or I just happened to see his best games, but I remember watching Pulock in Bridgeport and it seemed like his shot was lower AND more accurate then, hitting the net with far more frequency.

I distinctly remember one game where he just peppered the Rags/Wolf Pack goalie, Mackenzie Skapski, with shots and blasted two by him, with a no-doubter and another goal that probably would have taken a top goalie to even hope to stop.

In fact, I just looked it up to confirm, and here is a summary from the Wolf Pack website: Bridgeport Completes Home and Home Sweep of Wolf Pack | Hartford Wolf Pack

At this point, can anyone even recall Pulock beating a goalie low, stick-side and five hole, let alone twice in one game?

Reactions: cavs

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013

FWhIXhTXEAA5Dms

kucherov.png
Yes I prefer the too many men shirt. Too many men is a bad missed call, $10,000,000 over the cap is straight cheating. Cap circumvention. I’m sure in the next CBA, that loop hole will be closed.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

FWhIXhTXEAA5Dms

kucherov.png

With Kadri, everyone is aware he's doing a shtick. He seems like a fun guy, who can definitely be an on-ice scumbag. Kucherov ... does not give that impression. With Kadri, the hyper-machismo 'too many men' definitely has partially ironic intent.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Nick Paul locked up.

So are they already +$5 million over the cap, without Palat, and they need to sign at least 2-3 more players (mostly for depth)?

I fully expect more cap shenanigans from them. Perhaps with Point starting on LTIR, if they cannot find a sucker GM to take Killorn or another player off their cap.

Of course there is always a GM seemingly ready to help them out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad