News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2023-24

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

Wow, so the deal takes him right to UFA at 28/29 years old.

Feels like Boeser left a little money on the table now, with a fair/team-friendly AAV, but will be able to cash in during his prime and pick his next destination.

As long as he can stay healthy, it could really pay off down the line.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Wow, so the deal takes him right to UFA at 28/29 years old.

Feels like Boeser left a little money on the table now, with a fair/team-friendly AAV, but will be able to cash in during his prime and pick his next destination.

As long as he can stay healthy, it could really pay off down the line.
Boesser is betting on himself. Good for him!

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

I hope Sorokin didn’t go back to Russia

Reactions: JKP

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

I hope Sorokin didn’t go back to Russia
Nor Varly, for humanitarian reasons and selfish reasons if he is indeed on the trade block.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

Help me out here.

You have a NTC, recently won 2 Cups, live in a luxury, high end neighborhood near your teammates and their families in a warm weather tax free state. You yourself have young kids and a wife.

Under those circumstances, you’re waiving a previously negotiated NTC for nothing?

I’m not buying it. He’s getting something on the back end. It’s Tampa Bay after all.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Mikhail Segachev switches agents. Hired Dan Milstein. I guess Sergachev wants to get paid too.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Help me out here.

You have a NTC, recently won 2 Cups, live in a luxury, high end neighborhood near your teammates and their families in a warm weather tax free state. You yourself have young kids and a wife.

Under those circumstances, you’re waiving a previously negotiated NTC for nothing?

I’m not buying it. He’s getting something on the back end. It’s Tampa Bay after all.
They probably threatened to waive him unless he chose a destination. They did the same thing with Tyler Johnson and in that case they followed through on it. If I were McDonagh I would have dared them to do it, they could have tried to trade Killorn first.

Anyway this is why you get a NMC if you can.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
That sounds like a good hire, hopefully it translates into an NHL player sooner than later.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I'm guessing it's a 1 year contract? ;)
Nope 2 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad