News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Happy for Lehner.

A terrible move made on the part of Stan Bowman not keeping him. Lehner is a quality human beyond his hockey and his hockey happens to be really good. He was looking for a home and fit nicely with the Hawks. Subban is not an NHL goalie and I would rather have Lehner than a second round pick. Crawford is done and Bowman will compound this error by either bring him back or overpaying a UFA or both.

The Panarin trade (with Motte as a throw-in), bringing back Shaw and not retaining Lehner are just brutal moves.

What in the world does Vegas do with Fleury? 7mil is so much.

Reactions: SI90

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
A terrible move made on the part of Stan Bowman not keeping him. Lehner is a quality human beyond his hockey and his hockey happens to be really good. He was looking for a home and fit nicely with the Hawks. Subban is not an NHL goalie and I would rather have Lehner than a second round pick. Crawford is done and Bowman will compound this error by either bring him back or overpaying a UFA or both.

The Panarin trade (with Motte as a throw-in), bringing back Shaw and not retaining Lehner are just brutal moves.

What in the world does Vegas do with Fleury? 7mil is so much.

Boston unoads rask and takes fleury?

DVon Du Nord

Apr 30, 2012
Kildare, IE
I wonder if the leafs won would he have tweeted this?

I'd argue this was one of the most difficult Cup to win. Despite all of the the personal obstacles (hotels, food, families etc...) There were 24 teams in the fight, each team was 99% healthy at the start (Tampa essentially being the 1% no less), everyone played on the same exact ice, everyone had the same travel conditions. I mean this was arguably the most legitimate Cup win of all time. Cannot discredit that Lightning team, on paper and on the ice they were above the rest.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Boston unoads rask and takes fleury?

Don't know what to make of the playoffs but Rask is a superior player.

Not saying it would happen but maybe Flames and they have to take Rittich back? Peters played Talbot in the playoffs. Make of that what you will. Flames maybe get a defenseman as well? McNabb or Holden? Spitballin

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
When I read Lehner's tweet about Islanders fans...

George-Costanza-Massage-Seinfeld.jpg

Last edited:

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
horrible optics for sure.
Because he is the ONLY player in the bubble that split out on his team? Its also been very wishy washy on what his issue was beyond a family thing, which was later labeled an 'emergency.' Other players/coaches had kids, babies, families they left behind too. So, yeah, its a bit odd he's the only dude that split out and left his team hanging. The organization was supportive, but it no longer has to be.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
**Class act alert**

This will not be a popular take but him not thanking the Sabres organization (and Botts in particular) is a real bad job on his part. They went out of their way to get him the help he needed with the full knowledge that he was never going to play for them again when at the end of the season they easily could've just washed their hands of him. In fact as much as I hate Botts the way he handled that situation was by far his proudest moment as GM.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I’d bring Grabs back on the cheap. We could use him on the PK.
Save the money for someone else. Grabner can’t score anymore. We have enough guys who miss the net.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I’d bring Grabs back on the cheap. We could use him on the PK.

People may talk about our lack of forwards or how we need one more goal scorer, but we got bounced out of the finals for one reason, a pathetic power play. If you think about it, it's amazing that a team with such a putrid power play could get so close to the cup. PK needs to be top priority, it's been going on too long.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
People may talk about our lack of forwards or how we need one more goal scorer, but we got bounced out of the finals for one reason, a pathetic power play. If you think about it, it's amazing that a team with such a putrid power play could get so close to the cup. PK needs to be top priority, it's been going on too long.

I said it all year. If we had a respectable PP I think are a true cup contender. I know it said a crazy because the lack of high end talent but the way we play if we were able to capitalize on the PP we’d win a lot more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad