News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
It's funny that it came to this, but he made his bed by refusing to waive his NMC. He loves his lifestyle in NYC more than anything else.

Have the fans started to turn on him yet?

I assume McDonagh has clearly moved in front of him and he is now teetering dangerously in Shattenkirk territory for the fandom.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It's funny that it came to this, but he made his bed by refusing to waive his NMC. He loves his lifestyle in NYC more than anything else.
That’s life in the fast lane.

I’m sure they’ll have a nice video for him. One that makes him cry.

Reactions: PWJunior

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Have the fans started to turn on him yet?

I assume McDonagh has clearly moved in front of him and he is now teetering dangerously in Shattenkirk territory for the fandom.
Rags fans were turning on Lundqvist every time he got lit up at the Garden, which was happening with more frequency.

Reactions: danteipp

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Crazy how there’s no sense of appreciation or loyalty from Rangers fans towards a guy who carried the franchise on his back for a decade+. Sure, his cap hit sucked and he’s clearly past his prime, but so many Rags fans I know have wanted to basically burn this guy at the stake, and I found myself defending him and his body of work since he came into the league. Glad he never got his Cup, but he definitely should have gotten another Vezina.

Reactions: danteipp

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Crazy how there’s no sense of appreciation or loyalty from Rangers fans towards a guy who carried the franchise on his back for a decade+. Sure, his cap hit sucked and he’s clearly past his prime, but so many Rags fans I know have wanted to basically burn this guy at the stake, and I found myself defending him and his body of work since he came into the league. Glad he never got his Cup, but he definitely should have gotten another Vezina.

A lot of the Raggie$ fans that I know were really rooting for him to retire, which to me was unrealistic. He earned that final year on his contract, more than any other player on the team in the last 20+ years, and I think he definitely wanted to stay and play more hockey.

Good for him on not letting Gorton off the hook the easy way, making them pay him out and let him pick his next team, assuming he wants to play of course. It will be interesting if Georgiev doesn't produce as a solid backup, that poor b@stard is going to draw their ire very quick. Forcing Hanky off the team AND destroying his trade value.

It wouldn't shock me if Lundqvist tries to make his way to Tampa, after all it is the home for old Rags, and McElhinney can easily be buried in the AHL with one year and $1.25 million AAV. It would definitely provide them with good depth if Vasilevskiy were to get hurt.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
A lot of the Raggie$ fans that I know were really rooting for him to retire, which to me was unrealistic. He earned that final year on his contract, more than any other player on the team in the last 20+ years, and I think he definitely wanted to stay and play more hockey.

Good for him on not letting Gorton off the hook the easy way, making them pay him out and let him pick his next team, assuming he wants to play of course. It will be interesting if Georgiev doesn't produce as a solid backup, that poor b@stard is going to draw their ire very quick. Forcing Hanky off the team AND destroying his trade value.

It wouldn't shock me if Lundqvist tries to make his way to Tampa, after all it is the home for old Rags, and McElhinney can easily be buried in the AHL with one year and $1.25 million AAV. It would definitely provide them with good depth if Vasilevskiy were to get hurt.

After this debacle, I'd love to see him get his Cup ring somewhere else. He deserves it. Now I don't have to root against him every game.

If I were him, I wouldn't want my number retired at the Garden until Gorton was out of the organization.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
I'm late with my comments, but nevertheless:

(1) I think we would win against Dallas IF Pelech was healthy. Without Pelech (and Cizikas) – it's Dallas.

(2) Needless to say, Tampa is better than both NYI and Dallas combined, even without Stamkos. I haven't seen a more deserving champion since the days of Chicago mini-dynasty.

(3) It's amusing to look back at 2009 draft. As far as I remember, that draft wasn't considered as a weak one. Now, a decade later, half of that year 1st round not even in NHL anymore, 3 (Schenn, Leddy, Rundblad) won a cup each as depth guys, and only Hedman looks like a future HOFer. The golden boys of that class, Tavares and Duchene, are nowhere near the level they have been predicted to attain. With exception of Hedman, it's a losers' draft, even for Hedman it was quite a long road to superstardom.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm late with my comments, but nevertheless:

(1) I think we would win against Dallas IF Pelech was healthy. Without Pelech (and Cizikas) – it's Dallas.

(2) Needless to say, Tampa is better than both NYI and Dallas combined, even without Stamkos. I haven't seen a more deserving champion since the days of Chicago mini-dynasty.

(3) It's amusing to look back at 2009 draft. As far as I remember, that draft wasn't considered as a weak one. Now, a decade later, half of that year 1st round not even in NHL anymore, 3 (Schenn, Leddy, Rundblad) won a cup each as depth guys, and only Hedman looks like a future HOFer. The golden boys of that class, Tavares and Duchene, are nowhere near the level they have been predicted to attain. With exception of Hedman, it's a losers' draft, even for Hedman it was quite a long road to superstardom.

2) Combined the teams win that series pretty easily. ;)

3) Hedman is a f***ing monster out there though, has been for quite a few years now. A longer road for sure but he'll be a HOFer for sure. Tavares could still get there and I don't think there's any chance for Duchene at this point.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

It seemed like such a good idea at the time, signing John Tavares as a free agent, building your team around one of hockey’s better, more consistent players, who was finally freed from his purgatory with the New York Islanders.

We're still doing that eh? Interesting.

But the Leafs have needed it be more than that for the past two post-seasons. They needed a rising stock. In 12 games, seven playoffs, five pre-real-playoffs, he has eight points. That’s a 55-point pace. That’s not good enough.

That’s not what Brayden Point did for Tampa Bay on its way to a Stanley Cup. Point had 33 points in 23 games. That’s not what Nathan MacKinnon managed for Colorado. He had 25 points in 15 games.

That’s nowhere near what Elias Pettersson or Bo Horvat accomplished for Vancouver, or what Sebastian Aho scored with Carolina, Pierre-Luc Dubois scored for Columbus, Matthew Barzal for the Islanders.

He forgot to mention Nelson, Beauvillier, Eberle, and Bailey too.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Note to Kyle Dubas:
078tiDG.gif

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Give his agent props for baiting TOR into signing him with that interview charade. Smart and cunning. One wonders whether Lou 'made his best effort' but in the end let another team trip over themselves for him and did not mind coming in 2nd place.

Reactions: eoin92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad