News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
Kucherov is apparently going to LTIR. Most of the comments on this post are along the lines of “how convenient”

yes losing a 100pt player to LTIR to get under the cap is convenient for the lightning. :huh:

Attachments

• 37CBEF3E-3683-44C1-BDDE-D7513E1BC770.png
    37CBEF3E-3683-44C1-BDDE-D7513E1BC770.png
    411.1 KB · Views: 6

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Kucherov is apparently going to LTIR. Most of the comments on this post are along the lines of “how convenient”

yes losing a 100pt player to LTIR to get under the cap is convenient for the lightning. :huh:
Given what the Central looks like it is convenient. No guarantees obviously and there is always the Cup hangover, but on paper they sure don't need Kuch to win that division and it gives them time to figure out the cap. Hopefully the league will someday crackdown on LTIR manipulation. It's a joke right now.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
I have to check my temperature. Is this the same EJ that’s always taking jabs at the isles? Lol

I’d have BOS #1

well, krug is gone. Chara might be. Pastrnak is expected to miss a month of the season. And Marchand might miss time as well.
They will probably get off to a slow start.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
Given what the Central looks like it is convenient. No guarantees obviously and there is always the Cup hangover, but on paper they sure don't need Kuch to win that division and it gives them time to figure out the cap. Hopefully the league will someday crackdown on LTIR manipulation. It's a joke right now.

yes. How lucky Tampa is to lose their best player for the sake of cap compliant. What an envious position to be in. o_O

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
yes. How lucky Tampa is to lose their best player for the sake of cap compliant. What an envious position to be in. o_O
You said the first part already and who said anything about envious? There is nothing to be envied about TBs cap situation. It still remains the truth that the short term loss, not a career or season threatening injury, of one of their high dollar players benefits TB in the short run. They have to be cap compliant when the puck is dropped on the 13th so it's either use LTIR for Kuch or they are going to have to give away Cirelli, and/or Cernak for nothing because neither is going to play for qualifying offer money. And they still have to move either Johnson (who passed through waivers and couldn't even be given away for nothing) or Killorn, both with NTCs, on top of it. So if you going to make comments such as you have, tell us, what's your solution that doesn't involve Kuch on LTIR?

The bottom line is that losing a player like Kucherov for any period of time is never ideal, but given TBs situation it is 100% convenient at this time. Not enviable, convenient.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Finally fixed the offsides rule. That's great news. Kind of bittersweet though...I felt like the Islanders benefitted way more from the old rule than hurt them on goals being overturned. At least the reviews should be shorter, and less of them. Takes away a little from the excitement though as I always got excited to hear Brendan say, "Wait. Is Trotz going to challenge this?"

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Finally fixed the offsides rule. That's great news. Kind of bittersweet though...I felt like the Islanders benefitted way more from the old rule than hurt them on goals being overturned. At least the reviews should be shorter, and less of them. Takes away a little from the excitement though as I always got excited to hear Brendan say, "Wait. Is Trotz going to challenge this?"

Am I the only one who thinks that the challenge should just be taken away? The game takes longer and I have rarely seen a goal called back where the offsides genuinely changed whether or not the goal would have been scored.

I hope this rule change gets rid of the BS callbacks.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Am I the only one who thinks that the challenge should just be taken away? The game takes longer and I have rarely seen a goal called back where the offsides genuinely changed whether or not the goal would have been scored.

I hope this rule change gets rid of the BS callbacks.

What's the change?

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
You said the first part already and who said anything about envious? There is nothing to be envied about TBs cap situation. It still remains the truth that the short term loss, not a career or season threatening injury, of one of their high dollar players benefits TB in the short run. They have to be cap compliant when the puck is dropped on the 13th so it's either use LTIR for Kuch or they are going to have to give away Cirelli, and/or Cernak for nothing because neither is going to play for qualifying offer money. And they still have to move either Johnson (who passed through waivers and couldn't even be given away for nothing) or Killorn, both with NTCs, on top of it. So if you going to make comments such as you have, tell us, what's your solution that doesn't involve Kuch on LTIR?

The bottom line is that losing a player like Kucherov for any period of time is never ideal, but given TBs situation it is 100% convenient at this time. Not enviable, convenient.

You're right, would be super convenient to start the year with Barzal on LTIR to get the team cap compliant!

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
You're right, would be super convenient to start the year with Barzal on LTIR to get the team cap compliant!
I know I'm right, thanks.

The Lightning have redundant high-end offensive capability and are good enough everywhere else to survive some time without Kuch, the Isles are not good enough to get by without Barzal. Different teams, different circumstances.

Reactions: road islander

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Some part of the body needs to be on the plane of the blue line to avoid offsides; change is the plane vs physically on the ice.
IMO, all they have done is substitute one judgement call for another judgement call. Was a glove touching the plane three feet above the ice, was a little bit of sweater, a quarter inch of elbow, the back of a skate blade? Skate or other body part in contact with the ice was more clearly definable than the new rule. Makes no sense.

Reactions: road islander

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I know I'm right, thanks.

The Lightning have redundant high-end offensive capability and are good enough everywhere else to survive some time without Kuch, the Isles are not good enough to get by without Barzal. Different teams, different circumstances.

Idiotic sentiment. No team in any sport is ok with losing their best player, let alone one that's one year removed from an Art Ross where he scored 30 points more than the next highest player on the team. Get that galaxy brain thought process out of here

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Idiotic sentiment. No team in any sport is ok with losing their best player, let alone one that's one year removed from an Art Ross where he scored 30 points more than the next highest player on the team. Get that galaxy brain thought process out of here
Dude, I know admitting that you're wrong is tough but doubling down on stupidity is not the solution, nor is tossing out insults. As I have made clear, losing Kucherov is never ideal, but these are not ideal times and the Lightning's cap situation is hardly ideal either. Given that, it isn't just me, virtually every writer and and pundit who comments on the league agrees that Kuch to LTIR is a short term benefit for the Lightning taking into account their situation at the moment.

Last edited:

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Dude, I know admitting that you're wrong is tough but doubling down on stupidity is not the solution, nor is tossing out insults. As I have made clear, losing Kucherov is never ideal, but these are not ideal times and the Lightning's cap situation is hardly ideal either. Given that, it isn't just me, virtually every writer and and pundit who comments on the league agrees that Kuch to LTIR is a short term benefit for the Lightning taking into account their situation at the moment.

you have 0 likes on any of your posts on this subject (very few anywhere else either). no one has agreed with you. maybe i’m not the one who needs to come to grips with the fact they might be wrong here

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
you have 0 likes on any of your posts on this subject (very few anywhere else either). no one has agreed with you. maybe i’m not the one who needs to come to grips with the fact they might be wrong here
I don't follow or care about my "like" ratio - if I did I wouldn't write half the shit I write here - but I can see that it's important to you. How nice for you. Still, mine doesn't look too bad at a glance, and frankly, being an outlier to the herd here is just about the highest praise anyone can receive on these pages. So thanks.

As to the subject at hand, word just came down that Kuch will be out for the entire regular season. NOW, it becomes a little less palatable, but if it was going to happen any time, this is still the time. They've just won the Cup so they don't have that pressure hanging over them, they're in what on paper looks like a pretty safe division to get a playoff spot, they've still got more than enough talent to be very competitive and now have short term cap flexibility, not to mention a fair degree of certainty as to when he will return and so won't have to make a trade with a gun to their heads.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I don't follow or care about my "like" ratio - if I did I wouldn't write half the shit I write here - but I can see that it's important to you. How nice for you. Still, mine doesn't look too bad at a glance, and frankly, being an outlier to the herd here is just about the highest praise anyone can receive on these pages. So thanks.

As to the subject at hand, word just came down that Kuch will be out for the entire regular season. NOW, it becomes a little less palatable, but if it was going to happen any time, this is still the time. They've just won the Cup so they don't have that pressure hanging over them, they're in what on paper looks like a pretty safe division to get a playoff spot, they've still got more than enough talent to be very competitive and now have short term cap flexibility, not to mention a fair degree of certainty as to when he will return and so won't have to make a trade with a gun to their heads.

I'm only bringing up likes here because you advised me to admit I was wrong when you're the only poster disagreeing. I'm sure on your own little island it made sense that the Lightning were inventing some fake injury to "conveniently" get to play this year without a gamebreaking player, but it didn't make sense to anyone here in reality and you were ultimately swiftly proven wrong. Why would you willingly go without one of the top players in the league right in the middle of your cup window? it literally doesn't make any sense. Nobody thinks like that unless they've gone full galaxy brain trying to invent conspiracy theories, which is exactly what you did.

Anyway, it's black and white now so nothing left to debate about. You were wrong, and I know admitting you're wrong is tough but doubling down on the stupidity is not the solution

Last edited:
Reactions: Hogan Shannon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad