News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
#PlayLikeANewYorker

So f***ing funny lmao. All the chest thumping about them having more wins in 2 games than the isles and devils in a combined 8 early on... looking pretty great right about now.

#playlikeanewyorker

On a serious note, these college coaches never seem to be able to step into the NHL and successfully implement systems. Quinn was brought in to develop the kids but the kids aren’t ready to play. They look messy out there

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Anyone think Voracek or Giroux might be available? I'd love to see them in orange and blue. Either on Barzal's wing would be a huge boon.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Anyone think Voracek or Giroux might be available? I'd love to see them in orange and blue. Either on Barzal's wing would be a huge boon.

Giroux isn't going anywhere unless things go sour on him really bad. He only has two more years left on his deal and has a NMC. Voracek is signed for another four years and has no protection, but I doubt he'd be moved to us.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Giroux isn't going anywhere unless things go sour on him really bad. He only has two more years left on his deal and has a NMC. Voracek is signed for another four years and has no protection, but I doubt he'd be moved to us.

Other guy I like is Radulov but I don't trust Dallas to be selling this year.

Radulov has that jam and that all around skill that would just look so good with Barzal.

Lee - Barzal - Radulov would give us a real #1 line. Just don't think we would like the pricetag.

Maybe Kapanen from Toronto? Speed and a shootfirst mentality. Always seems like no one on Barzal's line can skate with him.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Other guy I like is Radulov but I don't trust Dallas to be selling this year.

Radulov has that jam and that all around skill that would just look so good with Barzal.

Lee - Barzal - Radulov would give us a real #1 line. Just don't think we would like the pricetag.

Maybe Kapanen from Toronto? Speed and a shootfirst mentality. Always seems like no one on Barzal's line can skate with him.

I think the extra pieces Toronto has is the most likely. They also make the most sense if you're looking for people to play with Barzal, we need younger players and not guys over 30.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I think the extra pieces Toronto has is the most likely. They also make the most sense if you're looking for people to play with Barzal, we need younger players and not guys over 30.

What would you give up for a guy like Nylander/Kapanen/Johnsson? I'm weary of giving up a lot for Kap and Johnsson, I think they overrate those guys, and I am not a huge fan of Nylander but skill is skill. I think Kap is the best fit.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What would you give up for a guy like Nylander/Kapanen/Johnsson? I'm weary of giving up a lot for Kap and Johnsson, I think they overrate those guys, and I am not a huge fan of Nylander but skill is skill. I think Kap is the best fit.

Johnsson is the only one that plays LW I think, so I'd probably go with him. He's also not afraid to play a bit more physical if my memory is correct. Is he a top line guy though? Ehh, I don't know about that. Toronto is a tricky trade partner because they have no cap space and need a lot of help, so they need really cheap players. The only thing we have to offer that fits the bill is Mayfield.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Johnsson is the only one that plays LW I think, so I'd probably go with him. He's also not afraid to play a bit more physical if my memory is correct. Is he a top line guy though? Ehh, I don't know about that. Toronto is a tricky trade partner because they have no cap space and need a lot of help, so they need really cheap players. The only thing we have to offer that fits the bill is Mayfield.

True, and there's no way I would give them Mayfield. I watched their game this weekend on pvr and I thought Johnsson looked like a 2nd liner playing too high in the lineup. He has nice AHL stats, though.

None of them really give us the boost we need in the top line, though. I want to go fishing for someone better.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
What’s going down in the Mecca? Lol

(Still way more than us lol)

The team is full of loafers, to be honest. They don't work hard like us at all, aside from a few guys on their bottom 6 lines.

I just think it's an unlikeable team and their fanbase probably feels the same way. Lots of spoiled children on that team. Johnny should have stayed!

edit: apparently it was election night as well.

Oh wow, that's less than ideal to have your foot pointing backwards.

Last edited:

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
The team is full of loafers, to be honest. They don't work hard like us at all, aside from a few guys on their bottom 6 lines.

I just think it's an unlikeable team and their fanbase probably feels the same way. Lots of spoiled children on that team. Johnny should have stayed!

edit: apparently it was election night as well.

Oh wow, that's less than idea to have your foot pointing backwards.

Yikes!! I can feel the ugly physical pain...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Old friend Griffin Reinhart is on the move. Fare thee well Griff.

Reactions: SI90

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
For the "Senile Lou Should Have Traded For Gusev" crowd:

"Nikita Gusev is a very talented player. He sees lanes not many players see, his hands are great, and he can really shoot. The offensive gifts are obvious. Unfortunately, he is an absolute trainwreck without the puck.

On the year, the Devils are allowing 71.27 shot attempts, 38.73 chances, and 3.73 goals per 60 minutes with Gusev on the ice at 5v5. Those are shockingly bad numbers.

For a little perspective, last year’s Ottawa Senators team was an abomination of epic proportions. They conceded 29 more goals at 5v5 than the next closest team. It was pathetic. And yet they allowed 65.43 attempts, 29.2 chances, and 3.24 goals per 60 minutes. So, defensively, the Devils have been ~6 attempts, ~9 chances, and ~.50 goals worse per 60 minutes with Gusev out there than last season’s 29-win Senators team.

I know it can be frustrating when skill players don’t get much ice but perhaps sheltered 4th line usage and some PP reps are all Gusev can handle right now. The numbers certainly suggest that to be the case."

HockeyBuzz.com - Todd Cordell - On Boqvist's usage, 5v5 concerns, and Gusev's defensive play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad