News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Is our PDO regressing?

Misread your post...oops.

My bad...here's a puppy that is doing his best "Dobson in the Pressbox" impression:

giphy.gif

"Let's go! Let me at em!"

Reactions: attilatheislander

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Not sure, let me run some more numbers. PDO's pretty complicated. I got my hands on one of them new quantum computers (fell off the back of a truck), so I should be done sometime tomorrow.
If you don’t get that PDO PDQ you’ll PO PPL on this board.

Thanks for coming. There’s another show at 11pm. Try the veal folks.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Maybe next time make it more.......obvious.......
Obvious? Really? It came on the heels of Hunn overstating Brassards FO win percentage yesterday and, oh by the way, all of the major stat pages show power play goals under the column header PPG. So no, not obvious, at all.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
“Hockey isn’t very much fun for me right now,”Kakko toldFinland’s Eastside Mediaearlier this week, as translated byreporter Pasi Tuominen for the Post. “Things haven’t been working out, and sometimes I feel like I could be on the ice a bit more. It would be cool to get a chance on the first line at some point. I understand that it hasn’t been realistic so far, since I haven’t really showed much.”​
On Wednesday, the second overall pick was asked to clarify his comments, and the message remained the same: he is disappointed in his performance through seven games.
“We’re not playing good right now as a team, and I’m not playing good,” Kakko said, per the New York Post.

Full link here:
Rookie Kakko explains why he's not having fun playing hockey for the Rangers

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Just suggesting that there is a difference between the "I came to every game and always got equal ice time, even if I couldn't skate" crowd (which I deplore), and someone who has proven elsewhere that they are good, and are a bit surprised that they have to start at the bottom again.

I don't think, in Kaapo's case, it's the 'participation medal' syndrome. I didn't think he was as good at the World's as a lot of people do, but he will eventually get the ice time he deserves.

But there’s a strong sense of entitlement in Kaapo’s comments. He’s not even 10 games into his NHL career, so it would behoove him to shut his mouth, work hard, and earn his ice time. Imagine if JHS made similar comments.

I’ll give KK the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to immaturity, but I hope one of the vets had a chat with him about “earning his stripes.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad