News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The NHL is embarrassing themselves by not suspending him. There should be no debate that cocaine is a performance enhancing drug. If you're a libertarian and want all drugs legalized that's a different argument. To me it's an unfair advantage and let's not forget, it's illegal and is a felony.

If you think it doesn't help performance look up Gary McLain and the 1985 Villanova team that beat Patrick Ewing and the Hoyas.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I’m surprised that cocaine isn’t considered a performance enhancing substance by the NHL. I can definitely see it enhancing performance, especially in a intense playoff game.

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a systemic problem with cocaine use throughout the league. The testing for it is probably half-assed, and results easily obfuscated

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Apparently when Milbury was coach and GM the Islanders lost 8-0 in a 1pm game to a team that Brett Hull was on. After the game Milbury bag skated the team. Brett Hull goes over and bangs on the glass to get the attention of the entire team and Milbury, then yells "Hey Milbury, f*** you, that's why you're losing 8-0." I don't know if this story is common knowledge or not, but it was my first time hearing it today on Spittin' Chiclets, Todd Bertuzzi told Ryan Whitney about it.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Apparently when Milbury was coach and GM the Islanders lost 8-0 in a 1pm game to a team that Brett Hull was on. After the game Milbury bag skated the team. Brett Hull goes over and bangs on the glass to get the attention of the entire team and Milbury, then yells "Hey Milbury, **** you, that's why you're losing 8-0." I don't know if this story is common knowledge or not, but it was my first time hearing it today on Spittin' Chiclets, Todd Bertuzzi told Ryan Whitney about it.
I wonder what Milbury's reaction was? "Gentlemen, please ignore Mr. Hull. He is a ruffian and a blowhard."

Maybe not....

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Idiots. If NYPD or NCPD did this with one of our holdouts I wonder what the reaction would be.

You do realize Marner donated that suit right?....

Apparently when Milbury was coach and GM the Islanders lost 8-0 in a 1pm game to a team that Brett Hull was on. After the game Milbury bag skated the team. Brett Hull goes over and bangs on the glass to get the attention of the entire team and Milbury, then yells "Hey Milbury, **** you, that's why you're losing 8-0." I don't know if this story is common knowledge or not, but it was my first time hearing it today on Spittin' Chiclets, Todd Bertuzzi told Ryan Whitney about it.

love it!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Idiots. If NYPD or NCPD did this with one of our holdouts I wonder what the reaction would be.

That may as well be Kyle Dumbass in the Marner suit.

What a disaster he is. It's September in a few days. The Laffs keep on coming!

:laugh:

Reactions: SI90

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Lol, is this real? Or is it a “I heard it from a guy who knows another guy...” type story?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Lol, is this real? Or is it a “I heard it from a guy who knows another guy...” type story?

I don't even understand the story. If he skated them after the game he would have used past tense with Milbury. And I can't tell if Hull is saying Milbury skating them after a big loss is the reason they are losing? No real follow up there and lack of context so it's impossible to know what Hull's meaning was.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't even understand the story. If he skated them after the game he would have used past tense with Milbury. And I can't tell if Hull is saying Milbury skating them after a big loss is the reason they are losing? No real follow up there and lack of context so it's impossible to know what Hull's meaning was.

He was essentially saying that Milbury is terrible because he doesn't understand how to handle NHL players. No NHL team bag skates their players after a loss, so Milbury doing it shows how out of touch he is with the NHL. That makes the players dislike him and not want to play for him, so he'll have continued failure as a coach.

Here's the audio if you're interested. Might do a better job than my post.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The first domino falls.

If Mat Barzal is going to find his 2018 form this would be a good year to do it. He’ll get Matthews money if he does.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
He was essentially saying that Milbury is terrible because he doesn't understand how to handle NHL players. No NHL team bag skates their players after a loss, so Milbury doing it shows how out of touch he is with the NHL. That makes the players dislike him and not want to play for him, so he'll have continued failure as a coach.

How many times have we read here posters demanding that the coach do just that?

Reactions: Strummergas

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
zero? once maybe from some lunatic who capitalizes every word? I don't know - how many times have you read someone demand that the coach do just that?
A lot. Multiple times in every game day thread where we lose. Fans are constantly demanding that coaches "punish" players. I always find it funny. Keep an eye out for it this season. Especially in games where the team is outplayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig