News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Hornqvist had a tough season this past year, but Matheson had an absolutely atrocious season two years ago and, while better this past year, looked abysmal against the Isles.

If this trade does get completed, I would only feel comfortable taking on Matheson's contract and all of that risk if there are draft picks also coming back to the Penguins.

At least a first rounder next year (since I assume they wouldn't be able to get the Panthers first in the coming draft), if not more, like a second rounder this season and then the future first.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Guys, I'm going through a crisis of faith in the sport of hockey right now. Cut me some slack.

Crisis of faith is actually the only reason you do fit in here. :sarcasm:

But in all seriousness, Rutherford is a bit of a strange one. While I haven’t really analyzed him in great detail over the years... he seems especially hot and cold when it comes to his moves.

Some clearly work... as he’s won cups. But others just seem to be thought as universally bad from the moment of completion

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Crisis of faith is actually the only reason you do fit in here. :sarcasm:

But in all seriousness, Rutherford is a bit of a strange one. While I haven’t really analyzed him in great detail over the years... he seems especially hot and cold when it comes to his moves.

Some clearly work... as he’s won cups. But others just seem to be thought as universally bad from the moment of completion

Rutherford's either performs like a 10 out of 10 GM or a 1 out of 10 GM. He has no in between moments. His moves are either a stroke of genius that puts a team over the top to win the Cup or a stroke of madness that puts a team into a tough situation with weird signings and trades.

If Rutherford were a baseball player, he'd be the guy who gets 60 homeruns per year to go along with 300 strikeouts. He'll either launch one 500 feet out of the yard or he'll swing at every bad pitch thrown his way.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Rutherford's either performs like a 10 out of 10 GM or a 1 out of 10 GM. He has no in between moments. His moves are either a stroke of genius that puts a team over the top to win the Cup or a stroke of madness that puts a team into a tough situation with weird signings and trades.

If Rutherford were a baseball player, he'd be the guy who gets 60 homeruns per year to go along with 300 strikeouts. He'll either launch one 500 feet out of the yard or he'll swing at every bad pitch thrown his way.
LOL, and if he was a Russian forward, he'd be called "enigmatic."

Reactions: bstash19

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Guys, I'm going through a crisis of faith in the sport of hockey right now. Cut me some slack.
Be like me and put your faith in His holy hoof:
20200609_212414.jpg

"For with a Magic Giraffe all things are possible".

Reactions: Merrrlin and SI90

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Hornqvist had a tough season this past year, but Matheson had an absolutely atrocious season two years ago and, while better this past year, looked abysmal against the Isles.

If this trade does get completed, I would only feel comfortable taking on Matheson's contract and all of that risk if there are draft picks also coming back to the Penguins.

At least a first rounder next year (since I assume they wouldn't be able to get the Panthers first in the coming draft), if not more, like a second rounder this season and then the future first.

Matheson is a really nasty piece of work and when he's at his best, is a highly effective hockey player.

And he's only in his mid-20s. There's room for further maturing.

Hate to say this, but I'd MUCH rather he remain on Florida than head to a rival in our division.

He's one of those guys who's gonna end someone's career someday.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Actually, this is a player I'd like to see us add.

And some feel Buffalo might let him walk as an RFA.
That last part is absolutely not going to happen because letting Him go for nothing to avoid having to pay a little over the league minimum to keep Him would be incredibly stupid.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
That last part is absolutely not going to happen because letting Him go for nothing to avoid having to pay a little over the league minimum to keep Him would be incredibly stupid.

Indeed, it would not be smart.

We're all wondering if the Isles are going to QO Ho-Sang?

Not unthinkable that they're just going to let him walk.

Might be the case with a handful of RFAs around the league, what with the stagnant cap and all...

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now

Ah Chris Davis. I am an O's fan, I know about pain. At least the Isles know what their doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad