News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
There is a good chance that some of the older retired rings, with the old-time Leafs players names on them, might have very well rusted and flaked away into the air by this point and what remains is just a replica.
The original Cup is long retired, and never leaves the HHOF vault.

The current one has seven large rings, with a replica of the original plus the first few (smaller) rings. The seven large rings, with eight champions on each, get replaced as they fill up, so only the 49 to 56 most recent appear.

So none of the Leaf teams that won still appear on the Cup. They are all in storage.

(I may have the numbers not quite right, as I'm going from memory.)

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The original Cup is long retired, and never leaves the HHOF vault.

The current one has seven large rings, with a replica of the original plus the first few (smaller) rings. The seven large rings, with eight champions on each, get replaced as they fill up, so only the 49 to 56 most recent appear.

So none of the Leaf teams that won still appear on the Cup. They are all in storage.

(I may have the numbers not quite right, as I'm going from memory.)

It was a joke, albeit maybe not a very good one, that the old Maple Leafs rings have eroded over the looong passage of time since their last Stanley Cup.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Is this going to be another season where the Lightning prove themselves to be nothing more than a paper tiger?

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Is this going to be another season where the Lightning prove themselves to be nothing more than a paper tiger?

Seems like it - they’ll get steamrolled by Boston.

They’ve wasted this core’s best years with Cooper at the helm.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Regardless of who wins this TBL-CBJ game, a team will have blown a 2-goal lead. So it’s not just us (Trying to make myself feel better about last night lol)

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Regardless of who wins this TBL-CBJ game, a team will have blown a 2-goal lead. So it’s not just us (Trying to make myself feel better about last night lol)

CBJ’s goalie is playing awful. Tampa has 2 shots and 2 goals that period. I expect they win this very quickly in OT

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
CBJ’s goalie is playing awful. Tampa has 2 shots and 2 goals that period. I expect they win this very quickly in OT
And they did. Tampa moves on, CBJ goes home.

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
is it wrong for me to want Boston? I feel like Carolina is really good and will pose problems. Halak doesn't promote fear and who knows about Pasta. On the other hand, Boston is insufferable and Jack Edwards is a POS. I'd like to see Montreal extend it. I don't think Philly is all that.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
is it wrong for me to want Boston? I feel like Carolina is really good and will pose problems. Halak doesn't promote fear and who knows about Pasta. On the other hand, Boston is insufferable and Jack Edwards is a POS. I'd like to see Montreal extend it. I don't think Philly is all that.
I don’t thin Carolina is that good. Goaltending is suspect.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Carolina's goaltending let them down. That Bergeron goal at the end of the period was a back breaker.
Yep. Having to go with Reimer yesterday was no help to them either. Plus the loss of Svechnikov was huge.

The Bruins can survive and thrive with Jaroslav Halak in goal though. The rest of the team seems to be hitting their stride.

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
Bruins knocked out the Hurricanes in 5 games.

I'm not a big advocate of avoiding certain opponents, but Carolina and Boston were teams I were not particularly looking forward to, down the road. The Bruins victory and dominance, was impressive to say the least. Should we get past Washington, putting off a date with Boston, would be my preference.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yep. Having to go with Reimer yesterday was no help to them either. Plus the loss of Svechnikov was huge.

The Bruins can survive and thrive with Jaroslav Halak in goal though. The rest of the team seems to be hitting their stride.

Svech was a big loss, but Carolina really disappointed me. In an elimination game, Dougie Hamilton could have lit up a Bruin like McAvoy did to Staal... he didn't do it. That's the difference in killer instinct in him and the Canes that led to their series loss.

They need a real goalie and some attitude. Waxing a fraudulent Rags team isn't special.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Svech was a big loss, but Carolina really disappointed me. In an elimination game, Dougie Hamilton could have lit up a Bruin like McAvoy did to Staal... he didn't do it. That's the difference in killer instinct in him and the Canes that led to their series loss.

They need a real goalie and some attitude. Waxing a fraudulent Rags team isn't special.
Speaking of which, Greiss has a home in NC I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs there.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Carolina will likely end up with Lehner. I know he desperately wants to stay in Vegas but they simply can not afford him

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Speaking of which, Greiss has a home in NC I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs there.
Honestly I don’t think Greiss is what they need. The Canes need a stud goalie. Greiss isn’t that. He’s a notch above Reimer and on the same level as Mrazek. The Hurricanes need a goalie in his 20s who can start 50-55 games.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Agreed about Hamilton. Big disappointment. It seemed like the only forward who was a legit threat to score in this round was Justin Williams. The Canes offense folded up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad