News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Wow. Just wow. The Leafs were completely undressed in their own building by a Zamboni driver and five healthy defensemen.

The effort they gave was pathetic, with constant turnovers, falling down and a lack of hustle.

Maybe they should think about replacing Dubas' with a Zamboni driver too?

I know it was a chance of a lifetime for Ayres so he gave his all but was just wondering. He is the Toronto zamboni driver who has practiced with them, so would he be conflicted at all? they didnt ask him after the game. If I were the Isles zamboni driver, and had to play against them in the same situation when the Isles are fighting for their playoff lives.. I would have to at least give it a thought ... but like I said chance of a lifetime and you want to make the best of it. Great story and good for him.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I know it was a chance of a lifetime for Ayres so he gave his all but was just wondering. He is the Toronto zamboni driver who has practiced with them, so would he be conflicted at all? they didnt ask him after the game. If I were the Isles zamboni driver, and had to play against them in the same situation when the Isles are fighting for their playoff lives.. I would have to at least give it a thought ... but like I said chance of a lifetime and you want to make the best of it. Great story and good for him.

If that situation happened to me, I'd feel really good about letting in no goals and maybe even scoring from the net! We know how the Isles do.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Wow. Just wow. The Leafs were completely undressed in their own building by a Zamboni driver and five healthy defensemen.

The effort they gave was pathetic, with constant turnovers, falling down and a lack of hustle.

Maybe they should think about replacing Dubas' with a Zamboni driver too?
Wow indeed. Dumbass has built a skilled small team of smurfs with zero heart. The Dubious distinction of being the first NHL team to lose to a Zamboni driver, well it can't get lower than that. Canes are giving us a run for the money.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

First, let me say good for Ayres, who after a brutal start, looked decent the rest of the way and is a great story now.

That said, their should be a better rule and resolution for this type of situation. It really isn't that hard.

It definitely presents a potential conflict of interest and no other major sport (at least that I know of) would want the bad optics.

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
HNIC (Friedman, Hrudey, Bieksa, MacLean) noted that GMs were apoplectic when Toronto employee Ayres took over, and that the conflict of interest will be a definite talking point next GM’s meeting. But Friedman also suggested said GM fraternity were LOLing pretty hard by the end. Hrudey suggested every last damn player should be made available to the media to face the music. (The music will be supplied by Justin Bieber.)

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If I were a member of the hockey writer's association, I'd use my last Vezina vote on Ayers. Just because it would be awesome to memorialize it.

Reactions: nyisleslover

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Nashville beats Columbus in a shootout. Now a three way tie for the Wild Card spots. Columbus is also 0-3-5 in their last 8 games.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
As decimated as they are, BJs keep finding ways to get points. Weathering injury storm far better than we have so far.

There is zero chance they make the playoffs. Check their schedule the last 2 weeks. It’s beyond hell. I’ve been telling you guys for awhile I have no concern about the Isles getting in if they can simply just yo 11-11 or something close. It’s who they draw that concerns me

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wow indeed. Dumbass has built a skilled small team of smurfs with zero heart. The Dubious distinction of being the first NHL team to lose to a Zamboni driver, well it can't get lower than that. Canes are giving us a run for the money.

Even the Toronto super homers on HF can't defend Dubas right now. What a fraud of a GM. I hope Toronto keeps him for a couple of years so he can fully ruin that team.

Reactions: MJF

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Even the Toronto super homers on HF can't defend Dubas right now. What a fraud of a GM. I hope Toronto keeps him for a couple of years so he can fully ruin that team.
PW hope you are feeling better buddy. This will perk you up. Agree I don't think anyone can possibly defend him tonight.

What were you thinking...You had a capable back up all along under your nose. That Zamboni Ayers guy.
shanahan-e1574382486759jpg_large

Reactions: PWJunior

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

When you check cap situations and defense/goaltending I just don’t know where teams like Toronto Philly and Pittsburgh can go the next few years. They’ve all got to get very creative. If you’re a Pens fan you’ve won 2 cups and don’t really care. The other two are setup so well in other facets of the game but might get railroaded as a result of being sloppy in others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad