News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
IDK about the rest of you, but I'm really hoping we hear a news report that the NYR have extended Kreider for like 6 or 7 years.

Reactions: SI90

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
IDK about the rest of you, but I'm really hoping we hear a news report that the NYR have extended Kreider for like 6 or 7 years.
Only way I could tolerate Goaliecollider on the Isles is if he gets traded in the next 2 days to anyone but the isles, and the isles then sign him in the offseason. Blow the stank off him.
Otherwise, he can go f*** himself.
Hard pass.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Watching the rags the last few weeks and man we better not trade Sorokin. These young Russian goalies are legit. I can’t believe how good Shestyorkin looks.

the kid has saved 15 shot in the 1st so far....Geez

rags are playing very well lately. doesn’t bode well for Tuesday. Just my luck. I’ll be there.

Reactions: SI90

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Yuck. Who are we rooting for tonight, Toronto or Carolina? Ick.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Watching the rags the last few weeks and man we better not trade Sorokin. These young Russian goalies are legit. I can’t believe how good Shestyorkin looks.

Agreed, I have no interest in moving Sorokin or Dobson. I feel the same way about them as I felt about Barzal, when people discussed him as the potential price for Duchene.

With proper development, Barzal, Dobson and Sorokin can be the foundation like Kopitar, Dougherty and Quick are/were for the Kings.

Igor Shesterkin has been fantastic for the Rags and by all accounts Sorokin is an even better athlete. Plus Sorokin has played in far more high-pressure situations in the KHL and been the clear No. 1 on his team in the playoffs.

For me to move Sorokin, the return would have to be a legit, top-line forward to play with Barzal.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Wow, just started watching the Leafs-Canes game once I saw the news and, if I am Carolina, no way I let that guy back on the ice. He let in a couple softies and looked brutal before the buzzer. I would dress a player or the goalie coach for the third period.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Toronto has to win this game. The goalie is brutal.

Agreed, I would find a Carolina fan that traveled to the game and give them a shot before I put that guy back out there.

Maybe he settles down and gives a legit effort, but can you really chance it?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Toronto unfortunately

I mean it should be Toronto that we root for. But the melt down that would come if a third stringer comes away with a win over the Leafs is so tempting.

I’ll let the hockey gods/goddesses decide and continue to hope for the Isles to earn their own way in.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Agreed, I would find a Carolina fan that traveled to the game and give them a shot before I put that guy back out there.

Maybe he settles down and gives a legit effort, but can you really chance it?

I know you may be somewhat kidding, but NHL network says they checked and Carolina can not sign someone for the 3rd period, as per the NHL would have had to have been on the roster by 5PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->