News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If this does proceed as discussed, does anyone think our system and coaching staff could be sort of a secret weapon after a long layoff? Or a disadvantage?

I think advantage as far as coaching and system but it’s all going to depend on the players. What guys have been doing to stay in shape. Let’s hope
We don’t have any slackers.

Reactions: mm11

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
You people are out of your mind!

If the Isles win the cup I’d go out on such a “Ovechkin Styled” virtual internet hellbent celebration... that HFboards would have to deputize half of you into Mod service.

Every Leaf fan July 1st, 2018 post... “LIKE”

All Isles unsustainable posts... “LIKE”

All Isles paid ___ how much posts?! “LIKE”

No one wants to play for Isles... “LIKE”

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I'm glad 7th got us the Panthers and not the Rags. I would hate to play them to get in based on how they manhandled us in the regular season.

Meh. I wouldn't say they really manhandled us...

The game where Kreider scored a goal on a PP with less than a minute left was going to OT. The Pageau game was BS with him getting the large game misconduct.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I would have to imagine if this is the case we will have a shortened season starting in 2021? This is so stupid

I'd think they'd cut out training camp and pre-season a decent amount and then just extend next season a little bit.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Agreed. Screwing with next year's season also is so dumb.
I think they can have an 82 game season that starts in November if they do away with the bye week, Christmas break, the All Star Break and just play right through.

I said this earlier this week, but I think the NHL is trying to delay the start of next season as long as possible that still allows for an 82 game season so they can get to a point where fans are allowed back in the buildings. The NHL is a gate-driven league. They can't survive playing regular season games with no ticket revenue.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Meh. I wouldn't say they really manhandled us...

The game where Kreider scored a goal on a PP with less than a minute left was going to OT. The Pageau game was BS with him getting the large game misconduct.

One game we got lucky because Panarin was injured. The others, we held on for dear life. We didn't play well in any of them, no matter what the scoreboard says.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
So the season would end in August and give most players only a month off season?

Ummmm if there are four best-of-7 rounds and 1 best-of-5 round, all starting in mid to late July, how would the season end in August? Is the team that wins the cup going to play 30 straight days?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
One game we got lucky because Panarin was injured. The others, we held on for dear life. We didn't play well in any of them, no matter what the scoreboard says.

Sorry but you are wrong.

The Kreider game the Islanders outshot them 40-28. They certainly did not get outplayed.

Also, the game they lost in OT where they had that amazing comeback AFTER having a goal called back AND Pageau getting kicked out of the game? How do you watch EITHER of those games and think they held on for dear life? They outshot them 45-28 that game!

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I think they can have an 82 game season that starts in November if they do away with the bye week, Christmas break, the All Star Break and just play right through.

I said this earlier this week, but I think the NHL is trying to delay the start of next season as long as possible that still allows for an 82 game season so they can get to a point where fans are allowed back in the buildings. The NHL is a gate-driven league. They can't survive playing regular season games with no ticket revenue.

This makes complete sense. I keep saying that if you cancel this season you open a bag of worms for when this pops up again next year and people are looking at you expecting for the second year in a row to be cancelled.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This makes complete sense. I keep saying that if you cancel this season you open a bag of worms for when this pops up again next year and people are looking at you expecting for the second year in a row to be cancelled.
100% agreed.

If they were to cancel this season and try to start next season on time and the virus hasn’t abated even more or states haven’t relaxed social distancing guidelines, we are looking at the same mess we had in March with teams planning to play in empty arenas. It won’t work. Delaying 2020-21 and seeing what the landscape looks like in October is the best tactic for the NHL right now.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Agree. And fans in the stands in October is probably not gonna happen.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

I agree with this.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Pretty much this:
FB_IMG_1590454096470.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad