News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
They need new owners, Kim Pegula is a joke. We should know better than anyone that rotten ownership is the kiss of death.

No doubt, the Pegula's are awful. They need a Ledecky, someone who embraces and embedded themselves within the fanbase and becomes someone you talk to on the regular at games and events, he's the most approachable man of his stature I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
No doubt, the Pegula's are awful. They need a Ledecky, someone who embraces and embedded themselves within the fanbase and becomes someone you talk to on the regular at games and events, he's the most approachable man of his stature I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

The Pegula's?

Do you mean "The Pegulas" or do you mean "The Pegulas' stlye of ownership is..."?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Based on those quotes from players, things looks BLEAK in Buffalo, cripes

I'm at work, what was said?

Not good.

Think about that 12-13 season for us, we finally broke through and how important it was for us. The year before we had the fight night which I think was big for the core and brotherhood of the team. Next season you saw Bailey, Okposo and Nielsen do so well. I mean literally that line offensively carried us. Moulson, Boyes and Tavares were great too but PP they were great. 5 on 5, that Nielsen line was terrific.

But the core guys and Nabby stepping up got them through. the failures made the success that much sweeter. Buffalo has a lot of the right pieces but lacks the team depth. Kreuger seems to support them. Makes me wonder if they need more grit/fighting/truculence etc to bring the group together.

This is often misstated and we've been through so much shit I understand why :laugh:. Fight night occurred in February of the 2010-11 season, so the next season was 2011-12 and the Islanders did not qualify for the playoffs (they finished second to last in the East). As much as the players view(ed) that night as a turning point, it didn't pay dividends at all until two seasons later, after the arrival of more talent. I don't think that night had nearly as much of an impact as people try to place on it, though I did (and still do) love it.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I'm at work, what was said?

This is often misstated and we've been through so much shit I understand why :laugh:. Fight night occurred in February of the 2010-11 season, so the next season was 2011-12 and the Islanders did not qualify for the playoffs (they finished second to last in the East). As much as the players view(ed) that night as a turning point, it didn't pay dividends at all until two seasons later, after the arrival of more talent. I don't think that night had nearly as much of an impact as people try to place on it, though I did (and still do) love it.
Oh right good call. That 11-12 should have made it. Was supremely disappointing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

The comments are hilarious and spot on...

'Walk around your pool all day and have your wife decide when to start the season'

What a f***ing schmuck.

Got to love that 11M x 7 year Dumbass team discount he gave the Leafs to sit around the pool and be nagged by the wife huh?

BTW, I got to thank you for the heads up on the easiest GM, and toughest GM agents would want to deal with Puck Pedia report. Made me post again!

Reactions: PWJunior

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I enjoy seeing all the Pegulas are terrible owners talk, you folks realize they own the Bills as well, right?

Fact of the matter is they have missed the mark with the Sabres but its not like they didn't have fan fair for hiring the likes of Bortell for instance. They have very high end top draft choices, they have blue-chip talent, the Pegulas will dish out money (i.e. Skinner), they just arent really a place people want to play/coach.

Not for nothing, if we didn't land Trotz we are not even close to half as good as we have been. Malkin and Ledecky have been a breath of fresh air, but we got EXTREMELY LUCKY to have landed Trotz. It's not like Lou has done all that much to really put this roster over the top.

Reactions: buud

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I enjoy seeing all the Pegulas are terrible owners talk, you folks realize they own the Bills as well, right?

Fact of the matter is they have missed the mark with the Sabres but its not like they didn't have fan fair for hiring the likes of Bortell for instance. They have very high end top draft choices, they have blue-chip talent, the Pegulas will dish out money (i.e. Skinner), they just arent really a place people want to play/coach.

Not for nothing, if we didn't land Trotz we are not even close to half as good as we have been. Malkin and Ledecky have been a breath of fresh air, but we got EXTREMELY LUCKY to have landed Trotz. It's not like Lou has done all that much to really put this roster over the top.
There's nothing wrong with a little luck. Thank God Ted Leonsis didn't want to pay Trotz and we had a need for a head coach at that moment.

Good luck and the Islanders haven't been a couple very often in the last 35 years.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I am a Bills fan, from a fan stand point there. I would be hard pressed to find many complaints on the Pegulas. They hired the right GM/Coach Mgt team there. McDermott and Beane. 2 young men as Football coaches and GM's go, that value character and understand what good football players are. They took a chance as they were unproven when hired, and got one half of the equation right. The GM Botterill signing has not turned out as well on the hockey side. Botterill is a good hockey man, he was a good Assistant GM when he was with Pittsburg, he has not shown this at the NHL level yet. Not all Assistant GM's work out. It really starts with having a good GM. We know this here, when Lou came in. The franchise went from the stone age to the new age overnight. Malkin and Ledecky made a great decision there. The 2 year record and direction of the franchise are proof of this.

Reactions: IslandersFan17

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Lee’s statement was better and he came out sooner!!! ;)

Pajama Boy took a few days around the pool to follow Anders lead!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

As Pegulas face business challenges, employees describe a...

And I can verify from talking to people who have had the misfortune of working for PSE that every single bit of this is true. The word around Buffalo is that you want no part of working for them.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I think it is absolutely ridiculous how many people are trashing the Isles on twitter about their statement. I personally do not see anything wrong with it. Lee's message is better and much more specific, but there is nothing in the Isles statement that is nearly offensive to the level people are making it out to be. Just absurd.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think it is absolutely ridiculous how many people are trashing the Isles on twitter about their statement. I personally do not see anything wrong with it. Lee's message is better and much more specific, but there is nothing in the Isles statement that is nearly offensive to the level people are making it out to be. Just absurd.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If it's not something a person likes, just keep moving on. It's not like their statement means much of anything for us.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If it's not something a person likes, just keep moving on. It's not like their statement means much of anything for us.
Yeah but I am seeing many people saying I am not going to be a fan anymore of the team and I am like huh!!?? First of all they were probably not fans to begin with, but there is nothing, absolutely nothing in that statement that comes close to the level of me reconsidering my fandom of the Isles. There are plenty of other reasons I would do that, haha, this was not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad