Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Tough break...

images

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Never like to see anyone injured, so that sucks. But, it is hilarious that Leafs fans spend the majority of the time bashing Reilly and calling him a pylon but now their season is over with him out.

Now all I wait for is hopefully a dumb panic move to bring in a rental defensemen because there's no way Leafs land can deal with missing the playoffs. That would just be the cherry on top.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That Tkachuk/Kassian thing from the other night is pretty crazy. That first hit looked borderline and I'd expect one of our players to pummel him if he did it to our team, but the second was clean.

Reactions: Riseonfire

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Never like to see anyone injured, so that sucks. But, it is hilarious that Leafs fans spend the majority of the time bashing Reilly and calling him a pylon but now their season is over with him out.

Now all I wait for is hopefully a dumb panic move to bring in a rental defensemen because there's no way Leafs land can deal with missing the playoffs. That would just be the cherry on top.

If a team is as deep and stacked as their fans want to keep proclaiming the Leafs to be, then one or two injuries to key guys shouldn't derail a season. If one or two injuries to key guys derails your season, you weren't nearly as super awesome as you thought you were.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Honestly, we have a lot more to worry about with our squad then worrying about the Leafs. This team is falling like a dude who’s parachute failed to open

Reactions: xECK29x

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Just took a quick glance at the Eastern Conference standings. It would be easier to list the teams that aren't stumbling through the midpoint of the season.

Last 10 games:

Lightning 9-1-0
Penguins 8-1-1
Maple Leafs 6-2-2
Blue Jackets 6-2-2

Everyone else is actual .500, NHL .500, or under .500

It's the dog days of the season folks. This is when things start to grind. Let's keep our heads about us when things get a little crappy.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Leddy for Matthews and a 1st! And I'm being generous here . . . :laugh:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Absolutely not. Not the way Matthews dresses. Can’t have this on our team
6P32iKz.jpg
Oy....If Barzy goes that route after he gets paid I hope Cal and Co. give him a good talking to. Cal seems like the right guy on the team to set him straight.

I can picture Tavares looking at him dressed like that and thinking "What did I do????"

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Oy....If Barzy goes that route after he gets paid I hope Cal and Co. give him a good talking to. Cal seems like the right guy on the team to set him straight.

I can picture Tavares looking at him dressed like that and thinking "What did I do????"
If Barzal ever dressed like this I’d wish him luck on his next team.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Give him 5 minutes with all the Boychuks. That would straighten him out.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
It's also a classic example of someone not understanding how to use those fancy stats and what their limitations are. People like that and their obsession with butchering the application of these fancy stats are ruining discussions on here.
Leafs fans, enough said.

Last night, by the way, the Red Wings outshot, outcorsied, outfenwicked, and out-xGFed the Isles 5-on-5. By that logic, they were better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad