News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Someone should tell Manbearpig the rules. (Not gonna lie, this was pretty cool though) still a penalty

I'm not sure that is a penalty. It's illegal to play with two sticks, or to push a discarded stick into play, or to push an opponent's dropped stick away from him. I think returning your own goalie's stick is ok. For example, you can pick up his stick and hand it to him, as long as you don't play the puck while doing so.

(I could be wrong: I have been at least twice - ask my exes!)

Reactions: bigtim1988

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Twelve goals in the Leafs/Panthers game, along with a missed penalty shot and, by my count, four posts.

Which would you prefer: an 'exciting' 8-4 loss, or a 'boring' 1-0 win?

(Probably not a safe question to pose on the Leafs' board today.)

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The Pens are a dying team, I'm less concerned about them than the Canes. Sid, Malk, Letang near retirement, slowing down. I was shocked when I saw Jarry get the nod for AS goalie. Their prospect pool is in the lower quarter. Sullivan is a good coach, he's kept them afloat. They saw AZ's 3rd stringer tonight, some favorable bounces brought the game to OT.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Ja2jPfb.png

giphy.gif

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
So much fun reading the Leafs after-game thread!

Couldn't help myself when this nugget came up there:

Also ban their girlfriends and wives. No more sex for a week. Sex should be allowed only with Keefe’s permission - when the player is giving 100%. If I become coach the team will suck, because I have no clue - but they will show up every night and give 100%, I promise!!!​

My response: The 'unintended meaning' post of the decade on HF . . . (my bolding)

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I hope Panthers fans don’t go on the Leafs boards and troll-post and troll-like all of their posts. That would be classless, and it would be horrible to see it happen to a fan base as classy as HFLeafs since they themselves would never even think of doing such a thing
You hate to see it.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just went to the PJB thread on the Laffs' board. It really is priceless. They're all railing on his slowness. It's not like we didn't warn them :laugh:
I'm not going to pretend that I didn't want him back or wouldn't have offered him a blank check - I would have. But the thing is with him - he was more valuable to us than anyone else. He was the face of the franchise, our bonafide superstar that we raised from the start. At the time, we couldn't fathom losing him and thought we would collapse if he left. Understandable sentiment considering where we were. Thankfully, its worked out for us better than we could have ever imagined/hoped for.

OTOH, the leafs rammed him into an already star laden team and made him Captain above their home grown players. I'm not sure what they should have otherwise have done (matybe left the C open for another year), as Matthews showed this off season that he has a lot of maturing to do and you can't make Marner Capt over Matthews. But Tavares was anointed and now he's slowing down - at least temporarily. I'm sure they'll all rebound but its an ongoing problem - especially if he doesn't live up to his ultra high expectations....He had a one year grace period. The free pass is gone now though, it seems.

Grass is always greener, Johnny Boy....but hey - as long as your wife is happy, right?

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I'm not going to pretend that I didn't want him back or wouldn't have offered him a blank check - I would have. But the thing is with him - he was more valuable to us than anyone else. He was the face of the franchise, our bonafide superstar that we raised from the start. At the time, we couldn't fathom losing him and thought we would collapse if he left. Understandable sentiment considering where we were. Thankfully, its worked out for us better than we could have ever imagined/hoped for.

OTOH, the leafs rammed him into an already star laden team and made him Captain above their home grown players. I'm not sure what they should have otherwise have done (matybe left the C open for another year), as Matthews showed this off season that he has a lot of maturing to do and you can't make Marner Capt over Matthews. But Tavares was anointed and now he's slowing down - at least temporarily. I'm sure they'll all rebound but its an ongoing problem - especially if he doesn't live up to his ultra high expectations....He had a one year grace period. The free pass is gone now though, it seems.

Grass is always greener, Johnny Boy....but hey - as long as your wife is happy, right?
My sentiments exactly.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Happy wife, happy life. Enjoy Toronto Snakey.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Someone on the main boards posted some fancy stats to show that despite being down 7-1 at one point, the leafs were the better team. Classic..

It's also a classic example of someone not understanding how to use those fancy stats and what their limitations are. People like that and their obsession with butchering the application of these fancy stats are ruining discussions on here.

It's like forecasting the weather long-term. Every April is supposed to see around 15 days of rain. That doesn't mean that in a year where April sees no rain, a person should point to that stat and say "No, no, it was actually a wet month because it SHOULD have rained a lot!"

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Someone also needs to tell these clowns that the Snake Robot got a full NMC for the life of his contract so he can't be traded even if they wanted to. Considering his wife wears the pants, she would never allow him to waive it even if he wanted to either.

I was thinking the same thing. For me, I envision it playing out like in Seinfeld, with George Costanza hunkered down in his office at Play Now, while management and the other employees try to drive him out. In this case, it will be the Toronto media and angry fans.

There is no way she is leaving Toronto now. John's wife will be out snow shoeing around the wilderness having a grand old time, while he is staring at his frozen pool, wondering where it all went wrong.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Someone on the main boards posted some fancy stats to show that despite being down 7-1 at one point, the leafs were the better team. Classic..
The hilarious thing is that when we lost to them 3-0 they scoffed at the idea that the Islanders at least played equally to, if not better than, them

and yet when they get shellacked it’s totally different

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
I was thinking the same thing. For me, I envision it playing out like in Seinfeld, with George Costanza hunkered down in his office at Play Now, while management and the other employees try to drive him out. In this case, it will be the Toronto media and angry fans.

There is no way she is leaving Toronto now. John's wife will be out snow shoeing around the wilderness having a grand old time, while he is staring at his frozen pool, wondering where it all went wrong.
It didnt go wrong...I'll give you 77 million reasons why....lols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad