News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Who? Looked him up.

Career minor leaguer with seven games in the NHL (2G, 1A). In nine seasons in the AHL, he played on nine different teams, along with seven different ECHL teams, and in five different European leagues.

Obviously a great player and a real team guy.

pretty sure he played as a kid on he Marlboros with Pajama Boy, Sam Gagner, and Subban

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Who? Looked him up.

Career minor leaguer with seven games in the NHL (2G, 1A). In nine seasons in the AHL, he played on nine different teams, along with seven different ECHL teams, and in five different European leagues.

Obviously a great player and a real team guy.

I don't see how that matters when talking about the type of verbal abuse he claimed was going on.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
pretty sure he played as a kid on he Marlboros with Pajama Boy, Sam Gagner, and Subban
You could be right. Played briefly with JT on the London Knights. Guys that get moved around that much usually have some talent, offset by other issues.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
If the playoffs starts today:
  • Islanders – Flyers
  • Capitals – Hurricanes
  • Bruins – Penguins
  • Lightning – Panthers
  • Blues – Predators
  • Stars – Avalanche
  • Oilers – Jets
  • Coyotes – Canucks
Except for the last pair, quite interesting matchups, some with lots of history.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If the playoffs starts today:
  • Islanders – Flyers
  • Capitals – Hurricanes
  • Bruins – Penguins
  • Lightning – Panthers
  • Blues – Predators
  • Stars – Avalanche
  • Oilers – Jets
  • Coyotes – Canucks
Except for the last pair, quite interesting matchups, some with lots of history.

Are you doing points per game for seeding? That doesn't reflect what the standings say otherwise.

Washington - Philadelphia
Islanders - Carolina
Boston - Pittsburgh
Florida - Montreal

Edmonton - San Jose
St. Louis - Colorado
Dallas - Winnipeg
Arizona - Vancouver

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Are you doing points per game for seeding? That doesn't reflect what the standings say otherwise.
Yes, by PPG. I suppose by the end of the season, Las Vegas, San Jose, Toronto, and Montreal can crash the party, all others are most probably done.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Funny thing is that after this ridiculous streak we are still 2nd in our division (by points) and not even the hottest team in the league (13-1-2 in the last 16 games vs 14-1-1 Dallas). Parity.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Such an interesting thing for the Flames. I think they fire him.

But Peters did this ten years ago in a different org.

Imagine Trotz said this to say Joel Ward 10 years ago?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Peter's should never have a job in hockey again, **** that guy, **** racists.
It's such an frustrating old man take. Lazy, old racism. Like music has that impact. Don't like it? Shut up and listen to something else. Such a prick.

Reactions: xECK29x

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
New reports say he wasn't at practice and Treviling said investigation is continuing.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Such an interesting thing for the Flames. I think they fire him.

But Peters did this ten years ago in a different org.

Imagine Trotz said this to say Joel Ward 10 years ago?

In all seriousness I’m sort of worried more stories of incidents like this will come out about other coaches now

GoIsles1

Sep 12, 2018
Every other word in many of those songs is the “n” word. Peters could have easily been annoyed that the word was constantly being blasted in the locker room and that’s what he was annoyed at. He could have easily been angered at all the garbage that was coming out of the music that Alim was playing and that’s what he was alluding to when using the N word. He might have been Showing his disgust at the N word. I’d like to hear context before we get on the guy.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
In all seriousness I’m sort of worried more stories of incidents like this will come out about other coaches now
There's a Bill Burr joke about how people that were progressive when they were twenty are rationalist by their 80 because time just passes you by. Obviously this gap isn't that wide but I just am happy the Flames are doing a proper investigation. I think the end result will be the same. If it came out on the spot, I personally think it's a fire able offense. But firing someone based on what they said back then.. I just think people can change too. Peters may be ashamed of what he said, might feel completely different today. A decade is a long time. I don't know how you prove that but I think that's fair to look into. And if so, an apology to Akim should be fine even if it is delayed.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Every other word in many of those songs is the “n” word. Peters could have easily been annoyed that the word was constantly being blasted in the locker room and that’s what he was annoyed at. He could have easily been angered at all the garbage that was coming out of the music that Alim was playing and that’s what he was alluding to when using the N word. He might have been Showing his disgust at the N word. I’d like to hear context before we get on the guy.

Yeah there was a big brouhaha on Twitter earlier on something Brian Lawton posted regarding this

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Every other word in many of those songs is the “n” word. Peters could have easily been annoyed that the word was constantly being blasted in the locker room and that’s what he was annoyed at. He could have easily been angered at all the garbage that was coming out of the music that Alim was playing and that’s what he was alluding to when using the N word. I’d like to hear context before we get on the guy.
I'm sure that's exactly what his explanation will be.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Every other word in many of those songs is the “n” word. Peters could have easily been annoyed that the word was constantly being blasted in the locker room and that’s what he was annoyed at. He could have easily been angered at all the garbage that was coming out of the music that Alim was playing and that’s what he was alluding to when using the N word. I’d like to hear context before we get on the guy.
If he's annoyed then he shouldn't say it either.

I hear this take above all the time, just because Peters doesn't like that they use it, or if he finds it garbage doesn't mean Akim can't listen to it or gives Peters the right o say the word. Just let the kid/guy listen to what he wants.

I don't hear them say the N word like Peters did obviously but that music is very popular with teens and I know some youth hockey coaches don't like it in the locker room "this is garbage music" but these kids aren't going to start listening to Rolling stones just because you don't like it. It's really not a big deal, just like playing Call of Duty isn't going to make you a mass murderer. People shouldn't project like they do sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad