News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Bruins come back super late in 3rd to tie, then win in OT. Barf.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Exactly! This way of doing by Babcock can be correct as long as the list remains confidential!
I'm detecting sarcasm so I'll just say, there's nothing wrong with identifying hard workers or slackers even. If it was between the coach and rookie, he's getting a rookies impression of what he thinks high work ethic is, and the coach can use his list to motivate the kid. Maybe Marleau was on the top; shows how long Marleau has been in the league and how long the guy has been a factor in the NHL and would be a good role model. Maybe player X was low and bounced around in leagues. Idk, idc about the list.

But sharing it and betraying trust, not to mention outting the 'low ethic players' and creating friction is horrific.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm detecting sarcasm so I'll just say, there's nothing wrong with identifying hard workers or slackers even. If it was between the coach and rookie, he's getting a rookies impression of what he thinks high work ethic is, and the coach can use his list to motivate the kid. Maybe Marleau was on the top; shows how long Marleau has been in the league and how long the guy has been a factor in the NHL and would be a good role model. Maybe player X was low and bounced around in leagues. Idk, idc about the list.

But sharing it and betraying trust, not to mention outting the 'low ethic players' and creating friction is horrific.
At least Marner was smart enough to put himself on the bottom. That seems fairly intuitive in an exercise like that but there's a lot of egomaniacs out there. Would not have played well if Marner put himself above any of the vets.

Of course, I'd like to hear Babcock's version of this story. Who knows if we are hearing the straight scoop here.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

There is no sarcasm. We share the same opinion on this!

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
At least Marner was smart enough to put himself on the bottom. That seems fairly intuitive in an exercise like that but there's a lot of egomaniacs out there. Would not have played well if Marner put himself above any of the vets.

Of course, I'd like to hear Babcock's version of this story. Who knows if we are hearing the straight scoop here.
Meh,who cares....we get told to move on from pajama boy...they've moved on from Egocock,no?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Harsh stuff here from Akim Aliu.

Who? Looked him up.

Career minor leaguer with seven games in the NHL (2G, 1A). In nine seasons in the AHL, he played on nine different teams, along with seven different ECHL teams, and in five different European leagues.

Obviously a great player and a real team guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad