News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
They’ll finish way better than bottom 5. They’ve had a rough start with a rookie coach but I don’t expect them to be that low

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
https://www.tsn.ca/nylander-tops-first-tsn-trade-bait-board-of-the-season-1.1201440

Nylander tops TSN's first trade bait board. This must be a mistake. Gubas gave PJB his word that he would keep the core intact.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would be really upset if someone made a promise to PJB, he relied on that promise, and then they didn't keep their word. That would be so, I don't know ... perfect?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
https://www.tsn.ca/nylander-tops-first-tsn-trade-bait-board-of-the-season-1.1201440

Nylander tops TSN's first trade bait board. This must be a mistake. Gubas gave PJB his word that he would keep the core intact.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would be really upset if someone made a promise to PJB, he relied on that promise, and then they didn't keep their word. That would be so, I don't know ... perfect?
One of my friends just tweeted out the video of TSN ripping PJB with the #LeafsForever hashtag LOL.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Things aren’t getting any better for the Kings. Jonathan Quick had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Things aren’t getting any better for the Kings. Jonathan Quick had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee.

I think we're seeing the beginning of the end for him personally, and I loved the way he played. The style he plays puts too much stress on his lower body. Once he can't play his style, I'm not sure he'll be able to adjust.

That team is going to be trading off some good pieces if things don't turn around quickly. I'm pretty sure that the GM is blaming the players and not the coach for their pitfalls so far.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
One of my friends just tweeted out the video of TSN ripping PJB with the #LeafsForever hashtag LOL.
I will preface this by acknolweding the fact that I am excessively lazy. So much so that I won’t look for the video

But is this video available to be posted here for our viewing pleasure?

Reactions: nyisles

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
It didn't take long did it, I like when they said this isn't the Island where you could hide for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Strummergas

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Hockey Central was getting on Johnny Jammies too.
Said that they didn't notice Tavares in the Leafs' last game. Said that in a tight-checking game he's not a high-energy, forceful center, and can't lug the puck up ice.
Said without Matthews, they lack real horses up the middle.
11 million well spent.

Reactions: dood

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I think we're seeing the beginning of the end for him personally, and I loved the way he played. The style he plays puts too much stress on his lower body. Once he can't play his style, I'm not sure he'll be able to adjust.

That team is going to be trading off some good pieces if things don't turn around quickly. I'm pretty sure that the GM is blaming the players and not the coach for their pitfalls so far.

Traded him from my fantasy team years ago for a massive return because I just felt like the injuries would start piling up. Glad I did! Of course Bobrovsky was in the return and he's not that resilient either!!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Said that they didn't notice Tavares in the Leafs' last game. Said that in a tight-checking game he's not a high-energy, forceful center, and can't lug the puck up ice.
11 million well spent.

And....they didn't already know this? We knew it. The moments he carried the team were always few and far between.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
11 million well spent.
We all knew that though - they seem to be just finding it out. And it's not going to change because he is what he is. PJB is not a 200 foot player, and he's not a classic play making, puck carrying center. He needs a winger to fill that role (eg., he played well with Bailey who is really a natural C). He is really good along the walls and down low and he's got a great shot from in close. He needs other people to get the puck deep into the offensive zone and to play defense.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Martinez will probably get moved at some point, however the price will be really high because he has an extra year on his deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad