News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19 Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
TO isn’t going anywhere w that D and G.

You can only outscore your opponent for a round, as you advance D takes over; they don’t have it.

Reactions: Quicklime

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That all but eliminates Philadelphia I think. Seven points back with 11 games left to play and a team to jump too. We get less cushion from that 8th seed, but still have a game in hand. Glad they all were over in regulation.

...wasn’t aware of a large Irish population in Toronto.

Not sure if you're joking or not, so I'll reply honestly. The St. Patricks were an old team in Toronto that eventually became the Maple Leafs.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Count on at least one fight in next Isles Flyers game, Flyers have nothing to lose now. Will be extremely chippy.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
TO isn’t going anywhere w that D and G.

You can only outscore your opponent for a round, as you advance D takes over; they don’t have it.

I said this before but I think more then there defense it will be team toughness that kills them in the playoffs.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Laffs score 7 goals and Johnny Turncoat goes 0 -0 -0 in almost 22 minutes played including 4 minutes on the pp.

#TavaresUnleased

Looking like he won't beat his career high in points and only marginally improve on his career high in goals....playing with Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and Reilly on that PP.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
He’s going to score 50 this year!! Maybe even 60!!!
I predicated 43 on one of the main board threads back in maybe November and that seems to be like it will be pretty accurate. Surrounded by all that talent and only beating your career high by a few goals and not even topping your career high in points...

Now watch him get like 3 hat tricks and 20 points in the remaining games lol

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I predicated 43 on one of the main board threads back in maybe November and that seems to be like it will be pretty accurate. Surrounded by all that talent and only beating your career high by a few goals and not even topping your career high in points...

Good call.

He’s having a good year. We tried to warm leafs fans about his hit first half of the season that he always has but they didn’t want to listen. We were screamed at that he’s on pace for 50 goals and 100pts and he’s going to get it!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
...wasn’t aware of a large Irish population in Toronto.
There is. Also, the team was the "Toronto St Pats" when they started in 1917, up until Conn Smythe bought them and changed the name to "Maple Leafs". Those are their throwback jerseys, and this was their last home game before St Paddy's Day.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

He should beat his career high even without getting hot. The Leafs still have 11 games to go and he's only 10 points away from beating his career best.

Where context needs to be used before Leaf fans gloat too much is the fact this is one of the highest scoring seasons in some time and his "career high" will still see him finish somewhere in the 14-18 range league-wide.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Pettersson so disrespectful. Filthy

That might be the best technique I've ever seen on that move. He really sold it to the goalie by going so far to his left until moving the puck right at the last possible second. He even did the little curl on his backhand at the end. Nice.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
He should beat his career high even without getting hot. The Leafs still have 11 games to go and he's only 10 points away from beating his career best.

Where context needs to be used before Leaf fans gloat too much is the fact this is one of the highest scoring seasons in some time and his "career high" will still see him finish somewhere in the 14-18 range league-wide.
So now that he's finally on a good team and surrounded by quality players he basically matches his previous best season.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad