News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19 Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Who do you guys like in the western conference? Calgary has been good all year, but are they for real?
SJ is a sleeper as usual and I think the Jets are pretty solid. The west always interests me.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Who do you guys like in the western conference? Calgary has been good all year, but are they for real?
SJ is a sleeper as usual and I think the Jets are pretty solid. The west always interests me.

Evidently the Sharks goaltending has been awful. I’ve seen many of their own fans thinking they won’t even get past Vegas at this point. My guess is St. Louis, Vegas, or Calgary comes out of the west

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Evidently the Sharks goaltending has been awful. I’ve seen many of their own fans thinking they won’t even get past Vegas at this point. My guess is St. Louis, Vegas, or Calgary comes out of the west
Calgary's goaltending hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire either though

Mike Smith Stats and News

David Rittich Stats and News

Rittich definitely had the better numbers, especially in terms of his W/L ratio, but his GAA and S% is nothing to write home about. Smith having a sub .900 S% on a team that leads the entire western conference is quite odd (Looked like Hasek the 2 games he played NYI though. Go figure)

Last edited:

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Calgary's goaltending hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire either though

Mike Smith Stats and News

David Rittich Stats and News

Rittich definitely had the better numbers, especially in terms of his W/L ratio, but his GAA and S% is nothing to write home about. Smith having a sub .900 S% on a team that leads the entire western conference is quite odd (Looked like Hasek the 2 games he played NYI though. Go figure)
Smith neutralizes the Islanders chip and chase, which reduces them to only being effective in transition. Calgary did a good job at that, and the few times they had a breakdown Smith made the save

Reactions: bigtim1988

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
So Calgary and SJ have goaltending issues, that leaves Winnipeg, Nashville and Dallas.
Winnipeg and Nashville would be a great series if they met up again.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I mentioned earlier today that the Blues have been great for a while now. I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out of the West.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
I see that OTT is looking for a President of Hockey Operations and apparently the ideal candidate would be a former player and executive with the ability to deal with a difficult owner and a willingness to take the somewhat undesirable OTT job.

Anybody come to mind?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I see that OTT is looking for a President of Hockey Operations and apparently the ideal candidate would be a former player and executive with the ability to deal with a difficult owner and a willingness to take the somewhat undesirable OTT job.

Anybody come to mind?
Does Garf have anything other than track suits to wear to an interview?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Would like to see Calgary come out of the west ( Hamonic will always be one of my favorite players.
Their posters have been pulling their hair out over their goaltending.

Reactions: dano16

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Would like to see Calgary come out of the west ( Hamonic will always be one of my favorite players.
Their posters have been pulling their hair out over their goaltending.

Yeah I'm with you - love the team, hate the goaltending, but I'll root for them.

Mike Smith seems like a goaltender out of time. Total throwback to Turco and DiPietro in some good and many bad ways.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Does Garf have anything other than track suits to wear to an interview?
Don't think so, and he just sits around all day in sweats taking bites out of hunks of cheese like they're apples.

Melnyk might like that....

Reactions: MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad