News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For my birthday (which was yesterday) I took an overnight MegaBus to Buffalo to see my Sabres tonight and will be taking a 2:30am bus back to Manhattan. My goal is to not collapse and die from lack of sleep.

Reactions: IODCPiper and Lek

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I thought he refused to play in the AHL?

Refused for the isles, but quickly agreed to joining the Bruins ahl team,which makes me wonder if he did not feel misled by the nyi .

Never made sense he would choose a deep Boston team, over a weaker nyi team. He would have a quicker path to the nhl with the nyi.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
For my birthday (which was yesterday) I took an overnight MegaBus to Buffalo to see my Sabres tonight and will be taking a 2:30am bus back to Manhattan. My goal is to not collapse and die from lack of sleep.

Nice. Has Okposo shown any bounce back after his rough 2017-2018?

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Nice. Has Okposo shown any bounce back after his rough 2017-2018?
He's had occasional moments but has been pretty bad. Pucks go to his stick on our PP to die. Really sad because he's such a great guy and everyone wants to see him succeed but the injury completely destroyed him.

Reactions: IODCPiper

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Refused for the isles, but quickly agreed to joining the Bruins ahl team,which makes me wonder if he did not feel misled by the nyi .

Never made sense he would choose a deep Boston team, over a weaker nyi team. He would have a quicker path to the nhl with the nyi.

According to Lamoriello, the deal between the two was NHL or bust. A Czech outlet also reported that the Islanders didn't want Kovar in the minors because they wanted that time for their prospects. It seems like there was an agreement at first between the two and then Lamoriello wouldn't agree to let him go to Bridgeport after Kovar decided he'd be willing to go down.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

This is a different situation though. If he went to Bridgeport it would have been under the NYI contract. That has now been terminated and he's playing under a PTO only. So he's keeping in shape and auditioning while his agent tries to work out a deal somewhere (any NHL team or in Europe). He's not limited to the Isles like he would have been - he can go anywhere now.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
This is a different situation though. If he went to Bridgeport it would have been under the NYI contract. That has now been terminated and he's playing under a PTO only. So he's keeping in shape and auditioning while his agent tries to work out a deal somewhere (any NHL team or in Europe). He's not limited to the Isles like he would have been - he can go anywhere now.

So....if we have a couple of centers go down, we could potentially strike a deal with him? Or has that ship sailed?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
So....if we have a couple of centers go down, we could potentially strike a deal with him? Or has that ship sailed?
Good question. Technically, I don't see why not unless there is some prohibition against re-signing with the same team after a contract is terminated. But you'd think they've cut ties for good.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Good question. Technically, I don't see why not unless there is some prohibition against re-signing with the same team after a contract is terminated. But you'd think they've cut ties for good.

That's what I assumed when they went their separate ways but if the arrangement was in place beforehand, there doesn't need to be bad blood or burned bridges. And the guy did spend a decent amount of time with us so he has a head start on the system.

Its not (likely) gonna happen, but an interesting scenario at least.

Reactions: IODCPiper

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20181113_183941.jpg

BEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER. And Kyle got the eventual game winner. And the Allen Street Poutinery for dinner!
20181113_144621.jpg

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
According to Lamoriello, the deal between the two was NHL or bust. A Czech outlet also reported that the Islanders didn't want Kovar in the minors because they wanted that time for their prospects. It seems like there was an agreement at first between the two and then Lamoriello wouldn't agree to let him go to Bridgeport after Kovar decided he'd be willing to go down.
Yeah, makes sense the isles would want their kids getting a ton of icetime.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I had not realized he had so many options with Bruins contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad