News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Was really hoping he was gonna ink a deal with MSG, maybe in a few years!!

Someone is jealous. Would you rather work for NHL network or stand next to Butchie and hear about toy departments ,scenarios ,paraphanalia,flippers,hockey sense,time and space, wiley vets,and oh so much more?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I’m not all that interested in Nylander but I am warming up to the idea of moving him. Even if it’s for picks. This is a prolonged stretch of bad hockey. He looks disinterested at times. Has mental let downs. He’s soft. Ok not sure a big hole would be left. His play is so bad right now that anyone could do it. It reminds me of Hamonic.

The biggest disapointment of this season has to be Leddy's play.

I wonder if it will take a change of scenery, to get his head back in the game.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Saw the Flyers-Blackhawks game this afternoon. Except for 10 minutes of the 1st period they had absolutely nothing in the tank. No pushback, no answers for the Flyers. In the middle of the 3rd period they went about 7 minutes without a whistle. Crawford gave up a shit goal. The worst thing about watching the Hawks is I don’t recognize 3/4 of the team anymore. It’s gonna be a long year for them.

Don’t look now. The Flyers now have points in 6 straight games and are 1 point behind us.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Saw the Flyers-Blackhawks game this afternoon. Except for 10 minutes of the 1st period they had absolutely nothing in the tank. No pushback, no answers for the Flyers. In the middle of the 3rd period they went about 7 minutes without a whistle. Crawford gave up a **** goal. The worst thing about watching the Hawks is I don’t recognize 3/4 of the team anymore. It’s gonna be a long year for them.

Don’t look now. The Flyers now have points in 6 straight games and are 1 point behind us.

Yeah I was there too, and I agree. The Metro is stacked with teams capable of making the playoffs.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Reading the Nylander thread on the main boards with fans saying Dubas spent the money on the wrong player makes me pull a muscle smiling.

pre-Barzal 70 point a year seeming in a decline Tavares would have been a mistake to throw that money at, but based on the stats I see and the things I hear it looks like Tavares is now actually giving his all every game and every shift so if they are going to trade Nylander for defense I am guessing they are not going to come out that bad, and I still think they are going to keep him when all is said and done.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
pre-Barzal 70 point a year seeming in a decline Tavares would have been a mistake to throw that money at, but based on the stats I see and the things I hear it looks like Tavares is now actually giving his all every game and every shift so if they are going to trade Nylander for defense I am guessing they are not going to come out that bad, and I still think they are going to keep him when all is said and done.

Yeah, I agree if they get a good defender for Nylander it will solve a lot of their woes. However, I still am reading a lot of comments about how they would have rather kept Nylander and used the money on Tr91tor to sign a defender instead. Toronto realizes their window is small because they can't afford all these guys long term.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Reading the Nylander thread on the main boards with fans saying Dubas spent the money on the wrong player makes me pull a muscle smiling.

They need to trade him for a Defensman. Something like a nylander Trouba swap.

When a player like Pajama Boy becomes available and wants to play for you, takes less money, and you don’t have to give up assets then you always make that move and figure out the rest later.

Dubas mistake seems to be not seeing the writing on the wall with Nylander. They could keep him but that’s gonna hurt them with Matthews and Marner. Unless they all agree to take a lot less to stay together and obviously Nylander doesn’t share that sentiment.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I thought this thread title was referring to all-time groin pulls.

;)

[moving this post from the "Halak leading the leage" thread kinda loses a bit of context :laugh:]

Last edited:

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Halak was never the problem. As you say, he was mishandled by Capuano and Garth.

Not saying he is perfect either, but he was a good goalie for us until Brathwaite

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
Griess is 5th and 4th. Tells you last year wasn’t completely on the goalies. Which we already knew.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Kings can’t catch a break in goal. Quick and his replacement both went down last year too.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Both Greiss and Halak had historically bad years for their records and were set to bounce back. I don’t think either is top 10 but you can probably count on them to be decent from here on out.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Heh, i just checked Halak’s stats. Yeah he’s not keeping this up. He’ll be good but not this good.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Even funnier is the Nylander stuff on the Leafs board. It's up to the 32nd thread, with each one over 40 pages. That's well over 32,000 posts on one topic, in only a couple of months.

Reactions: LeapOnOver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->