News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Flyers score 4 unanswered goals agains the Bolts...wow the Bolts better hope they get Vasy back before they lose a lot of ground to the Leafs, they look pretty beatable without him

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Flyers score 4 unanswered goals agains the Bolts...wow the Bolts better hope they get Vasy back before they lose a lot of ground to the Leafs, they look pretty beatable without him

That Cirelli kid is good. Anyone who watched the Mem Cup the year Dal Colle’s Generals were in could tell Cirelli was gonna be a player.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Devils lost in OT to the Red Wings 3-2. This is a game they should have won in regulation. The first 2 periods they were dominating Detroit, in zone time and in shots. Jonathan Bernier was the only reason they were still in the game. He kept them alive long enough to play the Devils about even in the 3rd period so the Wings could tie it up. The Devils were a little passive in front of Keith Kincaid in the 3rd and it cost them.

I would expect John Hynes is really pissed this evening. Devils gave a point back.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Louis Domingue :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now that Ondrej Pavelec has retired Domingue is probably the worst goaltender in the league.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Louis Domingue :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now that Ondrej Pavelec has retired Domingue is probably the worst goaltender in the league.

For my money, Eddie Lack is the worst. At least in terms of production and "name value". He has been abysmal since 2015, yet is somehow still employed by NHL teams.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
It also has to do with the 'loser point'. A team could lose every single game and still be playing .500, as long as they took every game to OT.

Yeah, but you get my general point.

A lot of mediocrity, I do not expect the Pens to be in the basement for long.

Benefits the Isles, unless they go on a long losing streak, they’ll be in the race for quite some time.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Buffalo with 5 wins in a row. 26 points in 20 games. How’d this happen?!

What’s their PDO lol

Reactions: sabremike

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
For my money, Eddie Lack is the worst. At least in terms of production and "name value". He has been abysmal since 2015, yet is somehow still employed by NHL teams.
Yeah Lack is definitely in the conversation. Fortunately for Devils fans he’s in the AHL this morning.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Yeah, but you get my general point.

A lot of mediocrity, I do not expect the Pens to be in the basement for long.

Benefits the Isles, unless they go on a long losing streak, they’ll be in the race for quite some time.
True.

All I meant was that .500 isn't really 'middle'. In baseball, football, and basketball, every game is worth the same - a win or a loss - so .500 is exactly in the middle. If all 30 baseball teams play 162 games, there will be 2410 wins and 2410 losses.
So far this year, there have been 298 games played in the NHL. There have been 298 wins, but only 229 losses (plus 69 ot and shootout losses).

Or looking another way, 298 games, and 665 points awarded, so the average is actually 2.23 points per game, so 'middle' is really .558.

Using the real 'middle', there are 7 teams over, and 9 under in the east, which makes more sense. Parity, yes, because eight of the nine lower teams are within 53 percentage points of each other.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
True.

All I meant was that .500 isn't really 'middle'. In baseball, football, and basketball, every game is worth the same - a win or a loss - so .500 is exactly in the middle. If all 30 baseball teams play 162 games, there will be 2410 wins and 2410 losses.
So far this year, there have been 298 games played in the NHL. There have been 298 wins, but only 229 losses (plus 69 ot and shootout losses).

Or looking another way, 298 games, and 665 points awarded, so the average is actually 2.23 points per game, so 'middle' is really .558.

Using the real 'middle', there are 7 teams over, and 9 under in the east, which makes more sense. Parity, yes, because eight of the nine lower teams are within 53 percentage points of each other.

Yes, the OT system inflates point totals. Even w that, the east looks tighter. No teams have started bad enough to separate from the pack.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

Thanks for posting that. I recommend clicking on the link and spending some time watching the videos on that page. The McCabe one is especially entertaining, and in that juniors fight he sent the guy to Loopy Land.

Of all the reasons Milbury is an idiot, trading Chara is the tops. I can't believe he let that guy go. He traded a total warrior (plus Spezza!) for a guy who would've made a good Ranger.

Reactions: SI90 and dood

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Thanks for posting that. I recommend clicking on the link and spending some time watching the videos on that page. The McCabe one is especially entertaining, and in that juniors fight he sent the guy to Loopy Land.

Of all the reasons Milbury is an idiot, trading Chara is the tops. I can't believe he let that guy go. He traded a total warrior (plus Spezza!) for a guy who would've made a good Ranger.

Chara was developing nicely. Maybe not the HOF guy he become but it was clear he was a legit top4 Defensman.

16 years later here we are and the guy is still a damn good Defensman. Not to mention a captain and Stanley cup champion.

Reactions: doublechili
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad