News Around the League Part V: Offseason continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
going to be 25 this season and doesn't have 1 single NHL point and 2 teams have already given up on him

yea, definitely who we should be after

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Josefson has serious value on the PP, in a shootout, carrying the puck in and possession 5 on 5. Why do people want him gone?

Last edited:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Josef son has serious value on the PP, in a shootout, carrying the puck in and possession 5 on 5. Why do people want him gone?

He has those assets, and they're valuable on a team that doesn't have players with his skills.

I was one of his biggest defenders on the board. I thought he was coming into his own during the preseason last year. But he got his opportunity on the top 6 for 10 games last year and was a liability.

He's not good on faceoffs as he was advertised, he's tougher by still rather soft as he is easily pushed off the puck, he's not very fast, and he's got stone hands. He's a better version of Rod Pelley.

He is good in space, but those skills he possesses are replaceable as depth gets better. He will make a good player in Europe.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-goalie-equipment-changes-tangled-debate/

Via text, agent Scott Greenspun declined to comment, but I do believe that he has met with at least one team about an offer sheet for client Nikita Kucherov. Can’t get 100 per cent confirmation on the club, so I’m not going to guess. He’s a terrific player who had a strong postseason performance, but will someone actually do it? There’s a big difference between talking and doing.

2. Greenspun’s refusal to talk is typical of the current RFA disputes. Both teams and agents are keeping quiet, not wanting to inflame their situations. Here’s the best I can glean with Kucherov. It doesn’t sound like there’s been too much movement here. Everyone knows Tampa’s cap situation. After seeing both Victor Hedman and Steven Stamkos take less money to stay, the Lightning are undoubtedly asking Kucherov to do the same, especially since he’s not close to being unrestricted. Whenever a Russian is involved, you wonder about the KHL, but players at the World Cup said they think he wants to stay in Tampa and not go there. That could change if he gets angry, but it’s not his preference.

Maybe Ray is prodding? :naughty::naughty:

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Considering we don't have the picks to make an offer sheet, I kind of doubt it's us.

We do have the cap space for it...but I have no idea if the condition was met in the Ruutu trade that would actually send the 3rd round pick to Carolina this year.

But yeah, highly unlikely we're involved, but still interesting to see

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Would be hilarious how this board would explode if we acquired our 3rd rounder back from Carolina in some random trade. Then Sheri does nothing with it just to troll everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad