News Around the League Part V: Offseason continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The suggestion that Ken Holland is a top 3 GM in the last 10-15 years is almost as hilarious as saying he should be fired for giving that contract to DeKeyser.

Maybe in the last 15 years he's a top 3 GM. I can't think of too much special that he's done at all this decade though.

And it's not that he's been bad either, just not top 3.

I do wonder if he's job is in jeopardy if they finally do miss the playoffs though. It's like when Chiarelli was fired by the Bruins when they missed the playoffs for the first time in a while. And they had a cup just 4 years before that and a cup finals appearance just 2 years before.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Gary Bettman sent a letter to congress denying CTE science. So the person running the league is essentially no different than a tobacco lawyer. That lawsuit against the league isn't going to end well for the league.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
oh?

ok, alright

what am I reading
Please tell us why he's top 3 and none of this "cuz they make teh playoffz every year bruh"

It's the same people who talk about how legendary of a GM that David "the only GM in the league to be employed since 1982 with zero cup finals appearances" Poile is.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Please tell us why he's top 3 and none of this "cuz they make teh playoffz every year bruh"

It's the same people who talk about how legendary of a GM that David "the only GM in the league to be employed since 1982 with zero cup finals appearances" Poile is.

I don't think he's a top 3 GM today. I was just pointing out how many times you contradicted yourself in one post, unless I misunderstood it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think he's a top 3 GM today. I was just pointing out how many times you contradicted yourself in one post, unless I misunderstood it.

How is saying that he's ''Not been bad but not a top 3 GM either'' a contradiction?

I understand how the 10-15 years part might be a contradiction. To be more specific, I think 10-15 years ago he was a top 2 or 3 GM hands down.

But 10-15 years should NOT include the past 6 or 7 years, where he's just been okay.

As long as the Benning's, Bergevin's, Roy's/Sakic's and Jarmo's have a job, it takes an awful lot to top any of these idiot's.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gagner signs with Cbj

That should really make them contenders to win the Metro and possibly even the East.

This is the move that really puts them over, mark my words.

Their wins over the Devils will do more than just keep them from finishing dead last this year.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
That should really make them contenders to win the Metro and possibly even the East.

Their wins over the Devils will do more than just keep them from finishing dead last this year.

can't tell if this is a sarcasm post referring to last offseason or srs

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
can't tell if this is a sarcasm post referring to last offseason or srs

Anything positive I say about the Blue Jackets team from now until proven otherwise, will be sarcasm.

They're an overrated team, always have been. And they might even be worse than to start last year, with idiot Torts running things there, Bobrovsky appearing to have chronic injury problems and a clear bottom 5 GM and management group in the league.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh

Big time. Jarmo is doing a heck of a job with these value signings. Been a great GM this offseason and his whole tenure. They should be a solid playoff team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They also allowed the Tortosaurus to run a pretty damn good forward out of town, and while they did get a pretty good young defensemen back, he shouldn't have been run out of town by a clown that had been there for 5 minutes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Big time. Jarmo is doing a heck of a job with these value signings. Been a great GM this offseason and his whole tenure. They should be a solid playoff team.

Just because I haven't seen you give your opinion on the Blue Jackets before this post, I'm not completely sure that it's sarcasm.

But I'm pretty sure. :laugh:

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Just because I haven't seen you give your opinion on the Blue Jackets before this post, I'm not completely sure that it's sarcasm.

But I'm pretty sure. :laugh:

Yeah just joking around with the whole Jarmo is an elite GM thing that you make fun of. :laugh:

Seriously though, the Blue Jackets are a joke.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah just joking around with the whole Jarmo is an elite GM thing that you make fun of. :laugh:

Seriously though, the Blue Jackets are a joke.

What gets me is how hyped this guy was when he took over there. Like he was supposed to be good because of what he did in Finland.

Trading Horton for Clarkson was a joke from the beginning, straight up pants wetting material. And then the Torts hiring, like it's 2009 again. Their ownership must be a bunch of relatives of Karmanos or Melnyk, not wanting to waste money paying a guy who will never play again, to acquire a guy that by all means should not be playing anymore. And then hiring Torts and having Vancouver retain some of the money. Two more years left on Fonzie's contract.

JD belongs in a booth calling games, a role I quite liked and enjoyed him in. Not holding a major front office position with any team in the NHL. Hopefully the clowns are kept around for years though, their failure might be our gain if we can frickin get into the playoffs here.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
What gets me is how hyped this guy was when he took over there. Like he was supposed to be good because of what he did in Finland.

The hype was more for his work as an amateur scout during the Ottawa late 90s heyday and with St. Louis after. Might just be another example that scouting amateur players and balancing pro players with a salary cap are slightly different skill sets.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Horton for Clarkson is a fine deal. Signing Horton to a 7 year contract without insurance is the problem.

Kekelainen has made the mistake of signing all his players at the top of their value. He'll be fired pretty soon, probably. He's made some pretty good trades - it's the contracts that have killed him.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Horton for Clarkson is a fine deal. Signing Horton to a 7 year contract without insurance is the problem.

Kekelainen has made the mistake of signing all his players at the top of their value. He'll be fired pretty soon, probably. He's made some pretty good trades - it's the contracts that have killed him.

Signing Horton, a guy who suffered multiple concussions, without insurance is just stupid.

I know that he's done with a back injury but signing anyone with concussion history without insurance is just an awful decision.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Such a damn shame Hortons career was shortened. He was a damn good player and I always liked watching him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Has Bleed ever said ANYTHING good about CBJ?:laugh:

I liked the game posters they did, which we apparently signed the guy who did them last year.

I just hate the hype they've gotten in recent years. Their GM has gotten too much respect, their team has gotten too much respect.

I still believe their 13-14 playoff berth was a fluke, not to mention we lost the season series to them. If we win that season series and maybe two shootouts, we would have made the playoffs. I never understood the hype.

Why did they let go of Castron? How did we come to hire him? What is the story there?

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Such a damn shame Hortons career was shortened. He was a damn good player and I always liked watching him.

Fully agreed, I really wanted us in on him back in the day but in hindsight, we dodged a bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad