News Around the League: 2017-18 Preseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
hes not going to break the bank

every team has an expendable player making a couple million that they could throw back

the Wings arent just going to trade him just for the heck of it

He's asking for 5M$ for 2 years and the Wings can't afford that, so I don't see why they'd be willing to take someone else with a similar deal.

They'll have to settle for someone who's on their ELC and I don't personally see them getting anything better then a late 1st rounder and a mid round pick for 2nd/3rd line winger.

If the Wings are asking more then that, then move on but for a cap strapped team, I don't think it's all that bad of a package.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't know what's going on with AA and the Wings but knowing they're tight against the cap, i wouldn't mind sending them someone like Quenneville/Blandisi and a little something else their way.

They need someone who can play now and who's cost controlled for the next couple of years.

I know we don't need another forward but that would reinforce our top 9 and give the appropriate time for a guy like Bratt to get his feet wet in NA. He has had a terrific camp but I don't want to rush him
That offer will never get it done.
He's asking for 5M$ for 2 years and the Wings can't afford that, so I don't see why they'd be willing to take someone else with a similar deal.

They'll have to settle for someone who's on their ELC and I don't personally see them getting anything better then a late 1st rounder and a mid round pick for 2nd/3rd line winger.

If the Wings are asking more then that, then move on but for a cap strapped team, I don't think it's all that bad of a package.
It's $5M over two seasons, as in $2.5M per season. About 20 teams in the league can afford to take on that contract, so you are grossly underestimating the market.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm not sure that the Wings can even sign him before training camp ends, to be honest.

Seems like they need to keep their cap were it is to maximize LTIR relief.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Lindblom sent down to start the year. Many Flyers fans thought he could sniff the Calder lmao

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
He was a reach at 10, and considered an off the board pick, even at the draft. Most pre-draft rankings had him in the 15-30 range. Quite a few legitimate NHLers ranked in that range. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NHL_Entry_Draft#Round_one

That pick may have prevented the Rangers from winning a Cup. Fowler and Tarasenko were both available.

You can't be that hard on them. It was the last or second to last year that a defenseman who showed no ability to score points at a decent pace in the CHL would be drafted in the first round. He wouldn't sniff the second round these days.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fayne has been toiling in the AHL for the better part of the last 2 seasons. Him being in the AHL this year was to be expected.

Now that I look at it, he did play 69 games in the 15-16 season, so he was in the NHL for most of that year, but I'm pretty sure he was first waived that season. He only played 4 games last year. He fell out of favor under Chiarelli and T-Mac. He was signed by MacBrainDamage, before the regime change.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Nolan officially made the Flyers opening night roster...

After Hextall called him though he immediately got an ear infection and will miss the game.

zing.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nolan officially made the Flyers opening night roster...

After Hextall called him though he immediately got an ear infection and will miss the game.

zing.jpg
LOL!

Looks like he's probably done in the NHL. I figured he'd need to either be really old, or have a sub-30 point season before needing to look for work. He scored more than that last year, and is only 34. Figured he'd have one more year left.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
RIP to Dave Strader.

I enjoyed him more than most of the national broadcast guys. Always liked him on ESPN back in the day.

Sad to hear of his passing today.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Looks like he's probably done in the NHL. I figured he'd need to either be really old, or have a sub-30 point season before needing to look for work. He scored more than that last year, and is only 34. Figured he'd have one more year left.

I feel like someone will bring him in.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I wouldn't be surprised to see Jagr part of the post-Hossa LTIR signing spree Chicago is bound to have.

Such a crock of shit that is. Just happens to come down a skin allergy or disease or whatever the hell it is right around the time his actual salary drops to a million? Right, the Easter Bunny is real too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad