News Around the League: 2017-18 Preseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So Greg Wyshinski just resigned from Puck Daddy. Prediction: he's our new radio color analyst.

Does he have any experience in TV/radio? I know he does the podcast, but writing and being a color commentator is a lot different

Could be joining the athletic as well as the Devils writer. Wouldn't mind him in the booth with Matt though.

This didn't even cross my mind when he resigned, but that would make me subscribe there. Seems like there's so many good pieces coming from the Athletic writers, but I wouldn't get my moneys worth subscribing now.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
the Pens bottom 6 is so bad but its not like it matters lol

Capitals and Penguins bottom-six both look atrocious right now.

I think the Penguins have something lined up for Sheahan once the rosters go through, but the Capitals have no wiggle room. Capitals look like a shell of the team they were last year on paper.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Capitals and Penguins bottom-six both look atrocious right now.

I think the Penguins have something lined up for Sheahan once the rosters go through, but the Capitals have no wiggle room. Capitals look like a shell of the team they were last year on paper.

Caps could be the disappointment of The season

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm actually getting tired of hearing all these darn writers joining THE ATLANTIC lol...I really don't think pay blogs are going to be the wave of the future. But then again people pay for satelite radio so...

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't know if anyone else is watching the Sens habs game, but after the last goal they showed a rather attractive woman celebrating the goal. It needs to be a gif. Like NEEDS TO be.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I don't know if anyone else is watching the Sens habs game, but after the last goal they showed a rather attractive woman celebrating the goal. It needs to be a gif. Like NEEDS TO be.

Rewind, snap a picture and show us proof. They've made it so much easier to post pictures from your phone on here now.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Rewind, snap a picture and show us proof. They've made it so much easier to post pictures from your phone on here now.

I tried but can't pause at the right spot for a decent pic. She was moving too much... If you have gamecenter, it was the habs 3rd goal at the end of the 1st period.

Anyway, apparently putting up 8 against Ottawa is no big deal as the habs look like they might put up a 10 spot.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
How about we sign him instead of Hayes for RW4. Sure he is painfully slow but he can't be any slower than Lovejoy who will drag an anchor around the ice on our second pairing anyway.
He is slower than Lovejoy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I saw something about 3 NHL teams being interested in Jagr right now. St Louis was the only one mentioned, as they've been considering him after Fabbri being out injured for the season. For what it's worth, the Flames were supposedly very interested about a month/month and a half ago, yet nothing ever happened with them. Nothing seemed to become of that. Even their GM came out and said something about how they had not been in contact with him, which doesn't necessarily mean they weren't. They could still be one of the 2 of 3 teams that we don't know about.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Has Jagr said anything about whether or not he wants to play at the Olympics?
I think he's said that he will, if he isn't in the NHL.

I've also seen Brian Gionta talking about it being a possibility. Iginla has also been mentioned, though I haven't read anything from him personally regarding it. They were also talking about Doan playing, but that might have went out the window with him announcing his retirement.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

I've also seen Brian Gionta talking about it being a possibility. Iginla has also been mentioned, though I haven't read anything from him personally regarding it. They were also talking about Doan playing, but that might have went out the window with him announcing his retirement.
Doesn't Doan retiring actually put him in the running for the Olympics since NHLers aren't playing this time?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.

Just learning how to insert YouTube videos here

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
I kind of doubt Jagr wants to play 4th line minutes on a non-playoff team anyway.
I don't know why we need to automatically count ourselves out of the playoff race before the season even starts. the team has greatly improved and it looks like a lot of our young talent are going to step up and perform this year at the next step. the pre season was fun and I know its only pre season but that alone should give us something to be excited for this year, no need to start the season already thinking its going to be another waste. lets hope the defense does their job and we can be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad