News Around the League: 2017-18 Preseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Thomas Chabot, who was a popular Calder winner on the main board, has been assigned to Belleville.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
man what happened to jack campbell, i thought he was bouncing back in LA with that goalie coach? did he not perform well in preseason? or is it just he HAD to be sent down, and waivers was the only way through?

Played okay in the AHL last season, but they weren't sold on him as the NHL backup. They signed Darcy Kuemper to a 1 way deal, so Campbell had to have an amazing camp to jump up the depth chart.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
The funny thing about McIlrath is that, at the time, it seemed like a horrible pick because the Rangers took an Ulf Samuelsson clone at #10. If only he had reached such heights. They ended up taking a Seth Helgeson clone at #10.

If anyone hasn't seen it, their 2010 draft thread is savagely funny. Everyone is over the moon that either Tarasenko or Fowler will be available ... and then ... disaster.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The funny thing about McIlrath is that, at the time, it seemed like a horrible pick because the Rangers took an Ulf Samuelsson clone at #10. If only he had reached such heights. They ended up taking a Seth Helgeson clone at #10.

If anyone hasn't seen it, their 2010 draft thread is savagely funny. Everyone is over the moon that either Tarasenko or Fowler will be available ... and then ... disaster.
He was a reach at 10, and considered an off the board pick, even at the draft. Most pre-draft rankings had him in the 15-30 range. Quite a few legitimate NHLers ranked in that range. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NHL_Entry_Draft#Round_one

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
note, apparently fayne being waived is for auvitu in the 7D spot for the oilers
1408.gif

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I think Auvitu can be a decent bottom pairing and PP guy. I don’t really care that he’s gone though now that Mueller looks decent and Butcher has shown some promise.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I don't know what's going on with AA and the Wings but knowing they're tight against the cap, i wouldn't mind sending them someone like Quenneville/Blandisi and a little something else their way.

They need someone who can play now and who's cost controlled for the next couple of years.

I know we don't need another forward but that would reinforce our top 9 and give the appropriate time for a guy like Bratt to get his feet wet in NA. He has had a terrific camp but I don't want to rush him

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
hes not going to break the bank

every team has an expendable player making a couple million that they could throw back

the Wings arent just going to trade him just for the heck of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad