News Article: News and Notes XXVI: A Sisyphean Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Rask is a multiple 20 goal scorer with a pretty good shot for a 3c. That's not nothing. I'm sure he can finish a lot more passes from Svech than Martinook and Wallmark.

I do think Martinook would be a good option to play with Rask and Svech to forecheck hard and make up for Rask lack of foot speed.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Rask is a multiple 20 goal scorer with a pretty good shot for a 3c. That's not nothing. I'm sure he can finish a lot more passes from Svech than Martinook and Wallmark.

I do think Martinook would be a good option to play with Rask and Svech to forecheck hard and make up for Rask lack of foot speed.

Rask has hit 21g once and over 40pts twice. He’s not an offense dynamo for sure, but he’s miles better than freaking Lucas Wallmark as a 3C. I like the idea of Svechnikov-Rask-Necas, if Svechnikov can play the left side comfortably.

If the team does add a high end offensive guy like Nylander, then I think Rask and his $4M per are out the door in short order.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Rask has hit 21g once and over 40pts twice. He’s not an offense dynamo for sure, but he’s miles better than freaking Lucas Wallmark as a 3C. I like the idea of Svechnikov-Rask-Necas, if Svechnikov can play the left side comfortably.

If the team does add a high end offensive guy like Nylander, then I think Rask and his $4M per are out the door in short order.

I have no problem with Svech-Rask-Nylander as a line and giving Necas the full year in the AHL either. That's a lot of talent for a 3rd line.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'd love to be wrong but I really don't see Rask making that much of a difference to the offense. I mean any help would be appreciated I guess

It'll be interesting to see, for sure. At the beginning of camp, people around the team were saying that he had dropped a fair amount of weight, had been working on his skating, and was looking significantly faster on the ice. The consensus was that he was really determined to step things up and get his career back on track.

Then he decided to make some fresh Guac, and now he'll be coming back with a lot of rust, but presumably still in great shape. Maybe it doesn't add up to much in a game scenario and he spends another year slowing his line down, but we also might finally get to see the new and improved version of Rask that people saw in early scrimmages before the spatchcocking incident.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Two days now. I especially don't like the context where it came up, and fear that SaraCiv is going to point blank call us out as freaks when she finally gets the gig at some actual hockey franchise and leaves.

I really hope it's not with the Ducks.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Two days now. I especially don't like the context where it came up, and fear that SaraCiv is going to point blank call us out as freaks when she finally gets the gig at some actual hockey franchise and leaves.

I really hope it's not with the Ducks.

bfc676ddc286046241cce8b2c4889252.jpg

I guess I missed something

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
bfc676ddc286046241cce8b2c4889252.jpg

I guess I missed something

The gooble gobble video on page four that got me and Hank all messed up.

... you're not ignoring Hank, are you? We got this guy at work that keeps sending crap on everyone's Whatsapp, and one by one other guys are teetering on the edge of putting him on ignore.

"Sure you guys have everyone sending you stuff on Whatsapp. You just pretend being prudes." "No. Just you."

Last edited:

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Oh holy lord I just watched it. Yeah if I were her I probably wouldn't respond to that at all.

And I don't ignore anyone, least of all hank- dude's one of the best

I don't think it was posted for her but all the guys that one by one sign up for Athletic.

Installing the Athletic app is a good way to get offers for up to -50% btw, if one doesn't get offered otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad