News Article: News and Notes XXVI: A Sisyphean Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Before the season I was arguing that Aho had numbers almost identical to Tavares in their first two seasons. So if Aho moved to C, he should end up around 81 points. Some scoffed at the time.
Now I will argue that Teravainen's number through turning 24 are slightly ahead of another RW--Blake Wheeler. I am not sure why some fans think he is easily replaced.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Welp, bought my Athletic subscription since you nancies won't stop with the damn articles.
giphy.gif

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Before the season I was arguing that Aho had numbers almost identical to Tavares in their first two seasons. So if Aho moved to C, he should end up around 81 points. Some scoffed at the time.
Now I will argue that Teravainen's number through turning 24 are slightly ahead of another RW--Blake Wheeler. I am not sure why some fans think he is easily replaced.

For a team that historically gets little to no production out of just about everyone, you would think we wouldn’t deduce anyone actually providing offense is easily replaceable.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Why does the ousting of Skinner keep falling at Waddell's feet? It seemed entirely a Dundon + RBA decision, Waddell is just the fall guy.

Because saying that ^ immediately after trading Skinner means he's going to get a lot of shit thrown his way if the Canes struggle to score...or if Skinner produces really well in Buffalo. Which unsurprisingly, both have happened.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
You're aware of our struggles to score the last several years with Skinner, yes? Last 5 years, 26th in scoring with Skinner. This year, 26th in scoring without Skinner. And that still doesn't counter their point that if he's the fall guy for Brindy and Dundon's decision, what the hell else is he going to say?

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Isles lost Tavares but they look really good. I mean, the coach is very important. We choose to go with Brindy, that was mistake. He's about motivation, nothing more.

We don't have the talent to compete with other teams on that alone. Our goaltending is spotty, as is our ability to score on a consistent basis. So outworking opponents every night is the only way we can win games with any kind of consistency. Thus, a coach that emphasizes that is the ideal coach for the current makeup of the team.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We don't have the talent to compete with other teams on that alone. Our goaltending is spotty, as is our ability to score on a consistent basis. So outworking opponents every night is the only way we can win games with any kind of consistency. Thus, a coach that emphasizes that is the ideal coach for the current makeup of the team.

Kurt Russell is really the ideal choice for this team

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

I wonder how we compare to the Isles talent wise though? I didn't follow their off-season moves (if any), or really pay attention to them outside of the obvious, so this is an honest question. They have Torts, and are near the top of the Division after losing one of the top Centers in the league. Granted it's the Metro, but they're doing well with what they have.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I wonder how we compare to the Isles talent wise though? I didn't follow their off-season moves (if any), or really pay attention to them outside of the obvious, so this is an honest question. They have Torts, and are near the top of the Division after losing one of the top Centers in the league. Granted it's the Metro, but they're doing well with what they have.

They don't have Torts. They've got Trotz. And if the complaint is that Brindamour isn't Trotz, so be it. I guess if the belief is that we could have somehow gotten Trotz to coach this team, then the complaints about RBA are justified.

As far as the Islanders talent goes, they did lose Tavares, but they still had Barzel, who stepped up in a big way with Tavares' departure. In addition, they're getting the goaltending this year they haven't had in previous ones.

They went from Weight to Trotz. No surprise they're improved, even if they lost their star player.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
They don't have Torts. They've got Trotz. And if the complaint is that Brindamour isn't Trotz, so be it. I guess if the belief is that we could have somehow gotten Trotz to coach this team, then the complaints about RBA are justified.

As far as the Islanders talent goes, they did lose Tavares, but they still had Barzel, who stepped up in a big way with Tavares' departure. In addition, they're getting the goaltending this year they haven't had in previous ones.

They went from Weight to Trotz. No surprise they're improved, even if they lost their star player.

Trotz is what I meant.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Wondering if he gets the call back up when Rask is healthy as it states in the article that he was originally supposed to be on Rasks wing.

"It did not miss even a video that circulated over social networks, as captain of the Hurricanes Justin Williams was in the guise of a clown hiding in a haunted hall before Halloween boys who went on a morning workout. I was not surprised that he did not, although he is already 37 years old, but the cabin is always hear the most, always joking. I would have liked him too, I knew that right now."

10/10 would read again.

The terrifying tale of the Halloween boys making their way to their morning workout, stalked by the 37 year old (*Necas foot note - kind of sad when you think about it) Justin William in the guise of a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->